Nescafe

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Re: Nescafe

Post by fach3003 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 am

Don't chirp in very often but Essenso 3 in 1 has been my favourite 3 in 1 for the last year or so...
Bought from Big C...I do enjoy real coffee....but most mornings i'm rushing around so instants
are what fire me up in the morning...tried them all over the years... Dao Coffee was my favourite
but it disappeared...bought a load last time in Mukdahan ( Border near Laos ) it was as i remembered...
but Essenso still gets my vote...but each to their own........regards to everyone :cheers:
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:

JohnD
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JohnD » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Last month I bought a “phin filter” in Vietnam, I was not sure how to best use it until I saw this charming video today.

How-to-Brew-Vietnamese-Coffee.wmv:

I followed the advice and it gives a cup of strong coffee but it’s a bit slow to filter through and I was glad I ‘warmed’ the cup first.

BTW the coffee in Vietnam was very good but they sometimes added sugar and milk before serving. I’ve read most coffee in Vietnam is Robusta which is the cheaper, less flavoured type, but it tasted fine.

I tried my Essenso 2-in-1 earlier today, tastes ok but very milky; I had to add a stick of Nescafe for a more coffee taste.

PET
Ace
Ace

Post by PET » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Earlier this month my wife returned from Vietnam and brought back with her packets of the free coffee provided in her hotel room - i tried two and they were frankly disgusting. One was Trung Nguyen claimed to be the No.1 coffee.
Never again!
VERAX - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.