The Baguette

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

The Baguette

Post by Nereus »

They have some nice products in this place, if you can find a place to park that is not cluttered up with motorbikes!

They also have an outlet in Cha-Am, and are in the process of opening a new shop on Petchkasem Rd just past the Toyota dealers at Soi 6. Due to open on the 1st of April, where parking may be a bit easier. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Re: The Baguette

Post by Big Boy »

We always take the turning before (immediately after the palace), and walk the last 20 yards - we've never failed to find a space down there. Mrs BB likes to mooch around the fruit stalls etc down that road. I love the egg & mayonnaise baguettes, which are as good as the MOD canteen in the UK :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm We always take the turning before (immediately after the palace), and walk the last 20 yards - we've never failed to find a space down there. Mrs BB likes to mooch around the fruit stalls etc down that road. I love the egg & mayonnaise baguettes, which are as good as the MOD canteen in the UK :D

Yes, I guess you mean where the Kings shop is? I also some times use that area.
If the baguette is the same one, I buy them to have for breakfast the following morning!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Kings Shop - I've never heard of that one. Are those the stalls down the palace wall? I just thought it was another small market :oops:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: The Baguette

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:The Kings Shop - I've never heard of that one. Are those the stalls down the palace wall? I just thought it was another small market :oops:
I think he means Golden Place. But that's essentially the same soi you're thinking of BB.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well Golden Place is the Kings shop, not the stalls as far as I am aware.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The Golden Place is referred to as the King's Shop as the majority of it's produce comes from the Royal Project.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm We always take the turning before (immediately after the palace), and walk the last 20 yards - we've never failed to find a space down there. Mrs BB likes to mooch around the fruit stalls etc down that road. I love the egg & mayonnaise baguettes, which are as good as the MOD canteen in the UK :D
Egg curry & mayonnaise baguette for me! The last two times I went there was significantly less filling in them though. I hope it's just a mean filler and not a policy. They were always stuffed to the brim before. If it happens a third time I'll question them!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Baguette Rye bread for me and healthy eating - 'stuffed to the brim' oh dear!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

:lach:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

There are two outlets in Cha-Am, and no doubt this new one which is opening soon will also do well.

I had always assumed that it was a Farang/Thai partnership, but apparently not. I've been told they are owned by a Thai couple who recently split/divorced, with one now owning the two in Cha-Am, and the other owning the one in Hua-Hin.

Whatever the case may be, the owners have done well by capturing both the Thai and Farang market. I think there is still plenty of room in Hua-Hin for a few more good bakeries because most of the existing ones either have a very limited variety on offer, or they spoil all their offering with sweetness.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There are two outlets in Cha-Am,
Where is the second one? A recently opened new place is right on Petchkasem Rd., on the west side a couple of Kms before Cha-Am. Going on the number of staff in there it must be going well.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nereus wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am
Where is the second one? A recently opened new place is right on Petchkasem Rd., on the west side a couple of Kms before Cha-Am. Going on the number of staff in there it must be going well.
Turn right at the traffic lights heading towards the beach and it’s about 2/3rds of the way down on the left - it’s been there a number of years.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:38 am
Nereus wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am
Turn right at the traffic lights heading towards the beach and it’s about 2/3rds of the way down on the left - it’s been there a number of years.
Ok, thanks. I rarely get past the pork shops!