Isaan restaurant in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Eiahhh

Isaan restaurant in Hua Hin?

Post by Eiahhh »

I have never really tried any authentic isaan food! Any of you guys know if there are any restaurants in HH based on Isaan cuisine? And if so, are they any good? thanks
Big Boy

Re: Isaan restaurant in Hua Hin?

Post by Big Boy »

E-San Station on Soi 94 comes to mind - quite pleasant.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

There is/was also a very popular place a short distance to the south of San Paulo Hospital and the market. In fact, I think there is a thread on the forum about the place I'm referring to but I wouldn't know where to start looking.

:cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Just 80m South of Market village entrance on the same side, across soi 88/2 from Cool Smile Dental, not my sort of place but Isaan family loved it.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Baan Sewang on the Pala u Rd is very good and always busy.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

NOKYAI wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm Baan Sewang on the Pala u Rd is very good and always busy.
If this is the same place nearly opposite the Artists Village - then I wholly agree - served excellent food for past 3+ years. Busy every lunch time and evening with Thais'
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Yes that’s the place
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

NOKYAI wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 pm Yes that’s the place
I'm try to pin this down from Google maps. Seems there the spelling is Isaan Baan Suan. Same same. :)
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Baan Isaan is just opposite the Dusit, Baan Sewang is on the Pala u Rd, opposite the Artists Village.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

The romanised version of name of the restaurant opp. Artist Village is 'Esan baansuan'. It says that on all the staff's t-shirts.

For Esaan food you need to read Thai or go with a Thai person because otherwise you'll get the farang menu with only the usual papaya salad, fish cakes, tom yam goong, etc. I had good chopped pork intestine fried sweet with minced fried garlic, a very fragrant clear chicken tom yam, and another dish of fried strips of pork which blew my head off. 60 Baht a dish generally. The sticky rice is like superglue, stickiest I had in a long while.