Beer Lao

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
PeteC

Beer Lao

Post by PeteC »

Following along with the Tiger Beer post.......Beer Lao is a definite "should try" if you can. The Thai brewers have been successful in blocking it's import for years as it would steal a huge chunk of their market. Great beer! You can find it in Nong Khai and other places right along the Lao border but that's about it. Also available in the USA through internet beer distributors but expensive.about USD 72.00 including shipping for a case. If you think Tiger Beer is an 8...Beer Lao is a 10+. Pete :cheers:
CliveNixon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by CliveNixon »

I disagree! I think Beer Lao is over rated piss. Give me a Chang any day!
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

a chang beer drinker here, great stuff, or, best of the locals. beer lao is quite tasty, in lao. had it on draft, very nice flavor, smooth, no major after taste, which i don't think i understand the meaning or, i quess no negative after taste is a no after taste. i like a positive after taste. saying all that. i had beer lao in bottle at hotel restaurant, and the taste was completely different, way too many chemicals, famalahyde or whatever preservative is used. again, my thinking is, draft, kegs, don't contain the preservatives, because soon to be drank locally, as bottles and cans made for export and shelf life.

if wanting to drink good beer lao, drink in lao.