Please visit our partner websites for more info on Hua Hin and the area: Tourism Hua Hin | Expat Hua Hin | Hua Hin Map | Hua Hin Property | Khao Takiab | Bangsaphan Guide | Ban Krut Info

News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Spitfire
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Postby Spitfire » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Was browsing the web regarding music to get some ideas for work to do with this subject and found out that the biggest free concert ever was a Rod Stewart concert in Brazil (3.5 million people) and the biggest paying audience was for an A-ha concert in Rio too (198,000).....wow, way to go Norway 80s band and Rod...haha. Awesome!

Never knew that both are Guinness world records.
The state has a monopoly on violence - Max Weber

Nereus
Addict
Addict

Postby Nereus » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Don't take your car on the new ferry:
..............................................................................................................
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

prcscct
Hero
Hero

Postby prcscct » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:09 pm

I think the guy left his stick shift in neutral and didn't put on the hand break! If so, serves him right.
Just 8 days of global military spending could fund 12 years of free, quality education for every child on the planet

prcscct
Hero
Hero

Postby prcscct » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Are the courts insane? :shock: Really over the top.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-38862015

'Neknominate' goldfish swallow pair avoid prison

Daniel Challis, 24, swallowed the pet fish when taking part in the Neknominate drinking game where people film themselves downing alcohol.
Challis and friend Cheryl Stevens, who videoed the incident, were jailed for 18 weeks, suspended for 12 months, and ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid work.
He said: "I didn't think eating a fish could cause this much trouble."
Challis, from Westhill Road, Torquay, was dared to eat the fish despite not being "overly keen", Plymouth Magistrates' Court heard.
The video of him putting the wriggling goldfish in his mouth was posted on Facebook.
He denied causing unnecessary suffering to the fish, as did Stevens, of Brecon Close, Paignton, who admitted she videoed and posted the footage.
RSPCA prosecutor Kevin Withey called it a "bravado exercise".
He said the goldfish was alive when Challis put it in his mouth although both defendants maintained it was dead.
'Dead and slimy'
Vet David Martin said the fish was moving in the pint glass and it would have suffered.
Challis, who claimed the fish could not wriggling because it was dead, said it was his hand shaking as he held it up.
Stevens, 27, said: "It was dead - he was shaking, he was nervous."
Challis said: "It was dead. I flinched because it was slimy and not pleasant. I had a drink and my hand wasn't steady at the time."
Magistrates convicted both saying the video evidence showed the fish was alive.
They were each also ordered to pay £1,200 in costs and have been banned from keeping fish for five years.
Just 8 days of global military spending could fund 12 years of free, quality education for every child on the planet

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Postby hhfarang » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 pm

So I guess that means all fishing is out as hooking a fish in the mouth would cause it unnecessary suffering...
Thailand is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Postby hhfarang » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 pm

"Video of deadly spider killing snake will haunt you

The redback spider is among the world's most venomous spiders. It looks like a black widow on steroids, basically. The Eastern brown snake is the world's No. 2 most venomous snake, capable of killing a full-grown human. These two monsters faced off in some warehouse in Australia, and it was seriously terrifying. The snake appeared to get trapped as the redback spider went for the attack. It stood no chance despite the much larger body and deadlier bite. The spider won. But really, how did these people just stand to the side as this was going on? How can they ever show up to work again at that building knowing that deadly snakes and spiders can show up at any moment? All of that is horrifying."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/99ab4b69-3 ... pider.html
Thailand is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...

prcscct
Hero
Hero

Postby prcscct » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:36 am

Very sad, but a good example of what could happen if you sit at your computer browsing the internet too much. :shock:

Police Find 75-Year-Old Woman Molded to Chair After Sitting In Same Spot for Almost a Year

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-75-ol ... 00768.html

Return to “Foo”