News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Michael Jackson. Here we go.

Post by Khundon1975 »

Here we go guys and gals.

Michael Jacksons ghost.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=bf7 ... e_carousel

:wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe he hasn't really died, just experimenting with a new skin colour :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

:D

Yeah, see through. :wink:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think he's just hiding out somewhere with Elvis...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

The End of Men?

Post by hhfarang »

The End of Men?
Mirror.co.uk July 8, 2009

Scientists create sperm in the lab out of stem cells ..and they're blokes!

Women have always known that men are a bit of a waste of space.

Now British scientists have proved how unnecessary blokes truly are by creating the first human sperm from stem cells.

And as if that's not a big enough problem for fellas everywhere, the expert behind this revolutionary move is a man.

A team led by Professor Karim Nayernia created healthy, mature sperm by treating embryonic stem cells with acid.

It is believed the technique will be used in the future to treat infertility, such as in cases where cancer patients have been left sterile by chemotherapy.

But Prof Nayernia stressed that men need not worry because the sperm will not be used to create human babies.

He added: "While we can understand that some people may have concerns, this does not mean that humans can be produced in a dish and we have no intention of doing this. This work is a way of investigating why some people are infertile and the reasons behind it."

The team from Newcastle University and the NorthEast England Stem Cell Institute also believe their breakthrough could help reveal how genetic diseases are passed on.

Current UK law forbids the use of sperm or egg cells that have been created in the lab in fertility treatment.

Some experts yesterday cast doubt on Prof Nayernia's claims, saying they were not convinced he had produced "authentic" sperm with all the necessary biological characteristics. Dr Allen Pacey, of Sheffield University, said: "I am unconvinced that the cells produced by Prof Nayernia's group from embryonic stem cells can be accurately called spermatozoa."

And Prof Azim Surani, from Cambridge University, said: "These sperm-like cells made in a dish from embryonic stem cells are a long way from being authentic sperm cells."

Details of the research are published in the journal Stem Cells and Development.

:shock:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Pea shooters fight it out for world championships:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ships.html
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

This made me giggle. Imagine what's going to happen at The World Cup next year:

Pepper-spray defence means South Africa robbers face loss of balance at cash machines

• Thieves face squirt of eye-watering chemical
• New security feature to thwart exploding cash machine raids

* Buzz up!
* Digg it

* David Smith in Johannesburg
* guardian.co.uk, Sunday 12 July 2009 17.27 BST
* Article history

Cash machines offer an ever-growing menu of services beyond merely dispensing money. For tampering criminals, this now includes a squirt of pepper spray in the face .

The extreme measure is the latest in South Africa's escalating war against armed robbers who target banks and cash delivery vans. The number of cash machines blown up with explosives has risen from 54 in 2006 to 387 in 2007 and nearly 500 last year.

The technology uses cameras to detect people tampering with the card slots. Another machine then ejects pepper spray to stun the culprit while police response teams race to the scene.

But the mechanism backfired in one incident last week when pepper spray was inadvertently inhaled by three technicians who required treatment from paramedics.

Patrick Wadula, spokesman for the Absa bank, which is piloting the scheme, told the Mail & Guardian Online: "During a routine maintenance check at an Absa ATM in Fish Hoek, the pepper spray device was accidentally activated.

"At the time there were no customers using the ATM. However, the spray spread into the shopping centre where the ATMs are situated."

In conjunction with the police, Absa is using the technology at 11 sites, identified as high-risk by branch managers.

If successful, it will be expanded to cash machines around the country.

Transporting money is one of South Africa's most risky occupations. In May a Group 4 security guard was killed in Johannesburg when a gang used explosives to blow open a cash transit van. His partner was shot in the back as he tried to escape.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Cash machines offer an ever-growing menu of services

Can you take your pizza along for an extra lashing of capsicum/pepper/chilli ??? No cost incurred.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Pet Airways takes off in the US.

The inaugural Pet Airways flight , the world's first pet-only airline, took to the skies from an airport in New York yesterday.
Animal-loving Americans and Canadians can now ensure that their furry friends are no longer forced to stay at home during family holidays or suffer long car journeys on the countries' freeways.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... erica.html
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

STEVE G wrote:Pet Airways takes off in the US.

The inaugural Pet Airways flight , the world's first pet-only airline, took to the skies from an airport in New York yesterday.
Animal-loving Americans and Canadians can now ensure that their furry friends are no longer forced to stay at home during family holidays or suffer long car journeys on the countries' freeways.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... erica.html
They fail to mention if kibble in Coach and filet in First. :P Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

"An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away"

Post by hhfarang »

NHS Sheffield tells teens "an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away" :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/58 ... a-day.html
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I don't think kids of today need an NHS doctor to tell them that. :wink:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: "An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away"

Post by STEVE G »

hhfarang wrote:NHS Sheffield tells teens "an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away" :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/58 ... a-day.html
If you're in Sheffield you haven't got much else to look forward to!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

SJ's panty thief has made it all the way to Germany. :shock:

BERLIN (Reuters) – German police uncovered over 1,000 pairs of underpants and more than 100 pairs of swimming trunks after catching a thief nabbing another three pairs for his collection.

The 46-year-old man was caught Sunday pinching three pairs of pants from a sports hall in the western town of Gelnhausen. Police then came across the enormous collection of underwear while searching his flat.

"They were all evidently in use, but had been washed and neatly stacked away," a police spokesman said Monday.
Police are now investigating where all the underwear came from.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Mom of 555 lb 14 year old :shock: son speaks out...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/ ... 2393.shtml

And I thought I was fat at just over 200 lbs!