News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here we go. Next time in a Bangkok and the driver says he doesn't have change, and you don't want to tip him 40 Baht, beat the crap out of him and steal his money! :roll: :roll: :roll: Some of these sports stars sure seem like a dumb lot. This guy probably makes millions a season. Pete :cheers:
Kane, 20, and his cousin, James Kane, 21, were charged with second-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal mischief and theft of services for allegedly assaulting a cab driver and taking back money after a dispute over the fare, police said.
The cab driver suffered cuts to his face, and his eyeglasses were damaged after apparently being punched in the face and head in the incident, which occurred at about 4 a.m. EDT Sunday, said police spokesman Michael DeGeorge.
Local media reported that the Kanes paid the driver $15 for a $13.80 fare and were angered when the driver did not have proper change.
They were arrested after leaving Chippewa Street, an area in Buffalo known for its nightlife.
Local press reported that Patrick Kane, who was born in Buffalo, entered a not guilty plea through his attorney in court Sunday morning.
Blackhawks President John McDonough declined to comment, a spokesman for the team said.
Kane was the first overall pick in the 2007 National Hockey League draft. He won the Calder Memorial Trophy, awarded to the league's best rookie, in the 2007-2008 season.
In the 2008-2009 regular season Kane had 25 goals and 45 assists in 80 games for the Blackhawks. He tallied an additional nine goals and five assists in 16 playoff games for the team.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is just wonderful! I guess you now need a degree in botany before you buy bagged salad. :shock: Pete :cheers:

Customer spots poison stems in salad

Thu Aug 13, 8:24 am ET

BERLIN (Reuters) – A customer shopping at a discount supermarket store in Germany found stems of a poisonous weed in mixed salad bags, triggering concerns about potential health risks, the store said.

Traces of senecio vulgaris or common groundsel, that can cause extensive liver damage if ingested in large amounts, were discovered by a customer with a specialized knowledge of plants in a Plus store in the northern city of Hanover.

"It's hard for laymen to tell the difference from rocket," said a Plus spokeswoman on Tuesday.
"We immediately took all affected bags off the shelves."

Samples were sent to the University of Bonn for testing, which detected more than 2,500 micrograms of poison -- 2,500 times more than the recommended daily allowance -- in 150 grams of salad, German media reported.

Minister for consumer protectionism in the western state of Rhineland-Palatinate, Margit Conrad, warned shoppers to be vigilant.

"Not everything that looks like fruit and vegetable is edible," she said in a statement on Wednesday.
"No one should eat plants or parts of plants that have an unusual taste."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Kids, better by the dozen?

Post by Khundon1975 »

This lady is in for a load of trouble.

Just what were the doctors thinking !! :guns:

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article ... =149235953
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

UK Bank Machine company offers rhyming slang on their ATM's

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article ... =149320786

Love to watch the foreigners faces, when faced with that.

:cuss:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Imagine my first time at a NatWest ATM in Wales. The whole thing came op in Welsh, with no obvious option to switch to English.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Imagine my first time at a NatWest ATM in Wales. The whole thing came op in Welsh, with no obvious option to switch to English.
I find this crazy as according to my internet research only about 20% of Welsh actually speak Welsh and only around 16% can actually read it...!!!

So with that logic in mind 84% would be with you BB and woudn't understand a God damned word shown on the ATM... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Thick thief returns car

BANGKOK: A car thief was arrested last Thursday after phoning the dealer he had stolen the car from to complain when it broke down.

Car dealer Thonchok Singnuwongsa said the thief waited around his showroom until a genuine customer came in to put a deposit on a car.

He then persuaded a staff member to hand over the keys to the Mitsubishi New Lancer, claiming he was the customer who had paid the deposit.

Mr Thonchok reported the theft to police and told them the thief would probably not get very far because the car had only a small amount of petrol which would take him less than 10 kilometers.

Police searched for the car, but came up empty handed.

At 7am the next morning, the thief called Mr Thonchok claiming he had bought a car the previous day but it had broken down.

He asked if he could swap it for a new one.

Mr Thonchok agreed to meet the man in Silom, but took police with him.

At the meeting point, police found Winai ‘Pun Pun Khai’ Saenkham, 32, waiting with the stolen car and arrested him.

Mr Winai, who is unemployed and has a number of convictions for drug offenses, admitted stealing the car.

He said he really liked the New Lancer model and had been to Mr Thonchek’s lot a number of times to look at it.

But while on his way home in the stolen car, he said the engine stopped and he took a bus home.

He said he was worried the car might be stolen by someone else, so he rang the car yard asking to exchange it.

Funny man!
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police are investigating a chilli sauce to determine whether it was so spicy that it was capable of causing grievous bodily harm when used in an attack.
Police took a sample of the sauce from a kebab stand in Bremen's central train station after a kebab salesman threw it into the eyes of a customer during a fight over napkins.

"Legally, the question of whether the spiciness of the kebab sauce constituted 'normal' or grievous bodily harm must be addressed," local police in the northern city said on Friday.

Officers broke up a scuffle that kicked off after a 23-year-old wiped his kebab-soiled hands on the stand because the salesman refused to give him a paper napkin. The seller responded by flinging a ladle of sauce in the man's face.

The victim's eyes became bloodshot and police are investigating why the napkin dispute broke out, a spokesman said. Both men could end up facing charges, he added.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 41-year-old man in Germany due to face questioning over theft got himself in even more trouble by squeezing in another robbery on the way to the police station, police said.
"It was a case of 'just nipping out to do a bit of thieving before being interrogated for shoplifting'," police in the western region of Lippe said Tuesday.

Officers were following up a supermarket robbery in the town of Blomberg with detailed descriptions of two thieves and their getaway car when they had to return to the police station.

To their amazement, they said they discovered a man at the reception waiting to be interrogated for shoplifting who looked suspiciously like one of the pair wanted for the morning raid.

Outside, they said they found his accomplice sitting with the stolen goods in a car with the matching number plate.

Now the man faces a second set of charges, police said.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

PALERMO, Sicily (Reuters) - A Sicilian builder transferred from prison to house arrest tried to get himself locked up again to escape arguments with his wife at home, Italian media reported Thursday.
Santo Gambino, 30, did time for dumping hazardous waste before being moved to house arrest in Villabate, outside the Sicilian capital, Palermo, Italian news agencies reported.

Gambino went to the police station and asked to be put away again to avoid arguing with his wife, who accused him of failing to pay for the upkeep of their two children.

Police charged him with violating the conditions of his sentence and made him go home and patch things up with his wife.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Man Guilty of DWI in La-Z-Boy

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) -- A Minnesota man has pleaded guilty to driving his motorized La-Z-Boy chair while drunk. A criminal complaint said 62-year-old Dennis LeRoy Anderson told police he left a bar in the northern Minnesota town of Proctor on his chair after drinking eight or nine beers.

Prosecutors say Anderson's blood alcohol content was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit, when he crashed into a parked vehicle in August 2008. He was not seriously injured.

Police said the chair was powered by a converted lawnmower and had a stereo and cup holders.

Sixth Judicial District Judge Heather Sweetland stayed 180 days of jail time Monday and ordered two years of probation for Anderson. His attorney, David Keegan, did not immediately return a call for comment.
Poe

Post by Poe »

Here's what a powered Lay-Z-Boy looks like in action.
I swear I worked with the guy in this video in Qatar.

When Chuck Norris does a push up, he isn't pushing himself up, he is pushing the earth down.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

SOFIA (Reuters) - Bulgarian prosecutors are investigating a new gambling game in which drivers defy death by speeding through red lights for bets of up to 5,000 euros ($7,400), the chief prosecutor's office said Thursday.
Known as 'Russian road roulette', the driver must jump red lights at busy intersections at high speed and not crash into any other cars or pedestrians, according to local media reports. Onlookers also gamble on the result.

Prosecutors launched their investigation after media reported the new game had been held at night at busy crossroads in Sofia since the summer.

In June, two people died after a motorcyclist crashed into an onlooker at a similar rally on Sofia's ring road.

"Every time we receive a signal for such an unregulated race, we send patrols," Commissioner Vanio Stoevski, head of the Sofia Road Police, told Reuters. Since the deaths in June, police have monitored roads where such races are typically held.

Local media report that participants in the 'Russian road roulette' are informed via text messages of the venue for that particular night -- depending on the presence of police.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Bloody hell I want one of those powered Lay-Z-Boy chairs. Are they legal... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Randy Cornhole wrote:Bloody hell I want one of those powered Lay-Z-Boy chairs. Are they legal... :shock:
Only on the trailer park.

http://www.trailerparkboys.com/