Out of the mouths of babes....

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Out of the mouths of babes....

Post by arcadianagain »

I was playing pretend driving with my grandaughter, four in September, and I asked her what Mummy shouted at louage (shared taxis) drivers, "fu**ing idiots" came the reply. Hard not to keep a straight face.
pharvey

Re: Out of the mouths of babes....

Post by pharvey »

Just been reminded about a bit on the radio (UK) a little while back.

The "story" was on how children took to their given names. The one story that made me laugh out loud was about a kid named Benjamin. Obviously family and friends called him Ben - for years he thought his middle name was "Jamin"!!

:lach:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

3 little boys aged 4, all live here in my street, were playing on the pavement that runs parallel to my garden.

I know the 3 dads
dad A is a baggage handler at the airport
dad B is a paramedic in the ambulance service
dad C works in the tax office (inland revenue) at quite a high position

They can't see me behind my fence but I can hear them fine, so I listen into their conversation which is all about how cool their dads are, but A and B were really over-egging their case and exaggerating their dads jobs, so much so little C just couldn't compete

Boy A boasts "well my dad has the best job, he is so cool, he flies massive planes all over the world"
(=baggage handler)

Boy B boasts "well my dad has the best job, he saves lives and runs into burning building and puts out massive fires"
(= paramedic)

Boy C, totally deflated but honest reports "my dad doesn't even have a job, he just sits in an office all day"
(= inland revenue)

I guess to a 4 yr old a job doesn't even exist unless it's exciting :)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

arcadianagain wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:31 pm I was playing pretend driving with my grandaughter, four in September, and I asked her what Mummy shouted at louage (shared taxis) drivers, "fu**ing idiots" came the reply.
My grandson will be 2 next month and speaks, with great conviction, a language that only my daughter understands. I occasionally remind her that one of her first words was "dipstick".
This is the way
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I read of a family who were horrified when their baby`s first word was "Alexa"