Tesco Chaos

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Big Boy

Tesco Chaos

Post by Big Boy »

If you've been to Tesco, Market Village recently, you'll know exactly what I mean. They are doing some sort of running refurbishment, and it's absolute chaos i.e.

- Dozens of boxes in every aisle
- Several workers in every aisle
- Storage racks no longer where they should be
- Pallets relocating goods all over the store
- Hundreds of Thais (and a few Farangs) wandering aimlessly seeking out their goods

Then there are the new outsize 'car' trolleys. A Thai with a shopping trolley is a major obstruction at the best of times, but with one of these carrying several kids, they can be an absolute danger. I've seen them carrying 4 kids around the store driven with one hand, while they pull a pushcair with the other hand. No idea what happens if the phone goes.

What about the re-vamped Tesco Food Court - I'm sure it has been designed by the same guy that 'improved' Petchkasem Road for us - what an eyesore. It would be nice to understand what it has achieved.

They should at least errect a sign apologising for the disruption, and warning people to proceed with caution. Or maybe they have, but in Thai only. For somebody who loves shopping as much as I do, it is an absolute nightmare.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

And there's worse - the free wifi disappeared over a month ago.
Big Boy

Re: Tesco Chaos

Post by Big Boy »

Probably to get the staff back to work.

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

And to add into the complete chaos, today after having lunch in MV, I bumped into three kids on the way to my bike. All lost inside their smartphones in search of Pokemon figures! It's complete madness, because when I found out why, I could see people and kids everywhere lost in this new complete madness called Pokemon Go.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Don't understand why they can't have this disruption 'out of hours'. It's not like they're a 24 hour shop!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

- Pallets relocating goods all over the store
Or restocking in the middle of the day. :cuss:
I had this out awhile ago with the manager at Big C that I use in Bangkok. He now understands that if it happens again I will take a photo and they will find themselves with a law suit. It was getting to the stage it was impossible to shop without risking injury. It has not happened again, but they probably have an early warning system in place: "look out, here comes that complaining Farang again".

It is utter BS, complete disregard for the paying customers. Closely followed by either the lack of open check outs, or staffed by some ignorant teenager that should still be at school.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly, there were 3 aisles that were totally impassable today.

Points 41; Position 18
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

And today, ten days later, it's still chaos...

What on earth inspires a store's management to totally rearrange the merchandise? It's not like there's new square footage to increase amount of merchandise.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Does anyone know how long this is going to last?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I must say, contrary to my OP, I was down there yesterday, and the improvement was vast. However, I suspect recent events have contributed vastly to that i.e. there was so much junk just lying in the aisles previously, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to add another small package to the chaos.

Why are they doing it? Because they can.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is nothing new concerning retail and grocery stores here, it's been going on forever. You'll run into it at Big C and others as well. When Carrefour was here they liked to rearrange all of their products at least twice a year. Aisle one would all of a sudden be moved to aisle 15. If you shopped there regularly you were suddenly lost as your target products were no longer where they were before. I asked the manager once why they did it and his reply was to keep people in the store longer. If at your Tesco down there you find products moved to other aisles, it's probably for the same reason. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This actually seems a little bit more extreme - the actual aisles are moving as well.

I know I'm the exception (definitely not shopper of the year), but if I can't find where they've moved something immediately, i don't have the patience to go searching. I'll just dump my trolley where it is, and go somewhere else.

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

It's a deliberate marketing strategy by the supermarkets, happens all the time in UK and has done so for years. It's done purely to make you walk around the store looking for the stuff you want (and usually buy) hoping that you will notice some other items that will become regular items in your shopping basket. The old Safeway and Gateway stores for me were the worst.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The whole store is being revamped. New departments. New fridges and some may have noticed there are new check-outs. No more pushing your produce to the cashier. It's quite a major shift and I'm sure it's because of Blueport opening in just over a month. I'm told that the supermarket there is TOPS. Can anyone confirm this?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bluport posts moved to Bluport thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21746&p=415964

Points 41; Position 18