Venice comes to Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Venice comes to Hua Hin

Post by sateeb »

Edited 'cos i'm not smart enough to post a you tube clip :oops:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

tuktukmike wrote:Sorry march/april.
Ttm
Having driven passed it today (but didn't stop), there is no way it will be finished by March/April, although I guess they could open the first stores then. Similar to others, I live way north of HH - closer to Cha Am, so this will be a good facility to go to without having to drive through HH town centre.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Know what you mean about march/april but they seem to be moving along with it now, we have been invited to look around next weekend and as you say it looks like some shops will open soon. I see scb bank have their boards above their new premises already.
Ttm
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

I also dont see them opening very soon and since I see the project every day and have been paying special attention to the Doges Palace fronting Petchkasem I can see why. They are very carefully copying the original . .as I posted previously . .and as a consequence the work is going very very slowly. The have the brickwork on the palace down to perfection and the windows and framing are the same elegant style as the original. For two weeks now they have been working on the Doge's "balcony" and have apparently been handcrafting the molding details as they go. It is the kind of thing they could have easily "faked" and gotten away with cheaply with a bit of paint and plaster . ..but they havent. I suspect they may even be working up to the statue of the Doge and the lion. Bottom line: compared to most of the architectural crap along Petchkasem these days ( "Giant" restaurant at Hin Nam?) this is already a gem.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

sateeb wrote:Edited 'cos i'm not smart enough to post a you tube clip :oops:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20863
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

How's this place coming along?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Every time I drive past it looks more and more complete. I'm sure if they really wanted to, it could be partially opened in very quick time. However, I'm sure that they're waiting for a 'big bang' opening, and I wouldn't want to hazard a guess at how ready the areas not visible from the road are.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Every time I drive past it looks more and more complete. I'm sure if they really wanted to, it could be partially opened in very quick time. However, I'm sure that they're waiting for a 'big bang' opening, and I wouldn't want to hazard a guess at how ready the areas not visible from the road are.
Maybe I haven't paid that much attention, but I was going to say that it doesn't look as though it has moved on much since the turn of the year. Whilst I'm sure BB is right in saying that it could be part opened with a bit of a push, I don't see it happening soon. If and when it does, I'm sure one of us will post an update. :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Every time I drive past it looks more and more complete. I'm sure if they really wanted to, it could be partially opened in very quick time. However, I'm sure that they're waiting for a 'big bang' opening, and I wouldn't want to hazard a guess at how ready the areas not visible from the road are.
Maybe I haven't paid that much attention, but I was going to say that it doesn't look as though it has moved on much since the turn of the year. Whilst I'm sure BB is right in saying that it could be part opened with a bit of a push, I don't see it happening soon. If and when it does, I'm sure one of us will post an update. :cheers:
Not sure just which site you have been looking at, but as of yesterday Big Boy is correct. In fact, yesterday it looked to me like some of the shops in the front section were open! There is no "IF" about it, and yes, there will be a "big bang" when it has the "official" opening.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

We were advised only last week that it will now be late june before it opens, maybe the bank and a couple of businesses at the front could open before.

Ttm
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

tuktukmike wrote:We were advised only last week that it will now be late june before it opens, maybe the bank and a couple of businesses at the front could open before.

Ttm
Nice one, I'll be over for the grand opening.

Do we think it'll have animals or much for kids?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

BaaBaa. wrote:Nice one, I'll be over for the grand opening.

Do we think it'll have animals or much for kids?
Crocodiles in the canals? :shock: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Or I could sneak in some Alligator Gar............. :naughty:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Mr Harvey could do the fireworks :lach:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

I suppose there will be the customary gondolas to take your teeracks on even if she hides under an umbrella or whatever comes to hand to hide the sun.

I know talk of phase 2 mentions just what hua hin desperately needs and thats more high end condos.

As for kids amusement I am sure they will have something planned, miniture railway/mini zoo/kids playground with a few crocks maybe.

Ttm