PM: No comment, my horoscope forbids it

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

PM: No comment, my horoscope forbids it

Post by buksida »

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said he will not answer reporters' questions until next year because the alignment of the planets is not in his favor.

"Right now Mercury ... is in a corner perfectly aligned with my star. Mercury is no good, so if it's not good, I am going to request not to speak. I'll just wait until next year to talk," Thaksin told reporters Sunday after returning to Bangkok from a trip to South Korea and China.

He added that Mercury moves slowly and will not steer clear of his star until next year.

Since taking office in 2001, Thaksin has shown hostility toward the media, and his critics accuse him of trying to restrict press freedoms by manipulating coverage, canceling TV and radio shows, and through media takeovers by his political and business allies.

Thaksin recently has come under heavy criticism by publisher Sondhi Limthongkul, who accuses the premier and the government of trying to muzzle a free press.

Sondhi alleged Friday that Thaksin's sister, Monthatip Kovitcharoenkul, had used a military airplane to fly guests to her birthday and housewarming party in northern Thailand.

Thaksin has not commented on the allegation.

Source: CNN
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: PM: No comment, my horoscope forbids it

Post by Norseman »

buksida wrote: He added that Mercury moves slowly ]
Mercury is in fact the fastest planet in our solar system with a max orbital speed of 58,98 km/s. (Earth 30,28 km/s)

Mr. Toxin don't get it!!!
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this the other day. How on earth can he get away with such a statement, its a discrace. Don't the Thai people realise he's duping them? They can't be all stupid. (then again) .....lol
www.35mmview.com