The Thai gold rush: buyers flock as prices hit two year low

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: The Thai gold rush: buyers flock as prices hit two year

Post by Dannie Boy »

StevePIraq wrote:Gold now at US$1388, my expectation was US$1300 as the bottom limit so not far to go now.
Seems as though your prediction has been well and truly "exceeded" with gold now down below $1200 an ounce. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23093548
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Gold now at $1,309 that is 79% of the price in Dec 12, last time at this price was Dec 2010

Silver now at $21.74 that is 87% of the price in Dec 12, last time at this price was Sep 2010

So for both it is still a real good time to buy as long as you believe the price will recover, bit of a difficult time for those who invested in late 2010.

Problem is the US$ is getting stronger every day so what is the future for gold and silver?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Thai gold rush: buyers flock as prices hit two year low

Post by StevePIraq »

With all the chaos in the world right now, Brexit, US elections, Oz Elections, war, bombings etc. the price of Gold and Silver has gone back up to levels not seen since 2012

Gold now at GBP32,640/kg
Silver now at GBP495.00/kg
https://www.bullionvault.com/
Good time to sell without becoming too greedy, made myself a nice few quid this morning.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:Gold now at US$1388, my expectation was US$1300 as the bottom limit so not far to go now.
Seems as though your prediction has been well and truly "exceeded" with gold now down below $1200 an ounce. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23093548
If we took your advice and bought at 1300 three years ago then we would have seen it drop like a stone for 2.5 years

Would people have hung on, probably not so they would have lost pension money.

Now we can all brag about making money.

If we hung on for 3 years then we would be sitting on a gain of 3% (before dealing charges).

1% a year for all that heart ache.

But then what do I know.

Do not invest your hard earned money in single currencies, shares or commodities, its too risky.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: The Thai gold rush: buyers flock as prices hit two year low

Post by HHTel »

But if you'd bought earlier this year at 18,000 baht, you could sell today for 22,000 baht. Not a bad return for a few months!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

ahandpatsy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
If we took your advice and bought at 1300 three years ago then we would have seen it drop like a stone for 2.5 years

Would people have hung on, probably not so they would have lost pension money.

Now we can all brag about making money.

If we hung on for 3 years then we would be sitting on a gain of 3% (before dealing charges).

1% a year for all that heart ache.

But then what do I know.

Do not invest your hard earned money in single currencies, shares or commodities, its too risky.
I don't see where I advised anyone to buy