Hollywood film 'Crash Bandits' to be filmed in Thailand

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

The producers of the Hollywood film "Crash Bandits" has selected Thailand as its main location for shooting a film which potentially can generate significant income for local people, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor Juthamas Siriwan said here on Friday.

"Crash Bandits" producer Elie Samaha decided to shoot the Bt6 billion (US$250 million) film in Thailand, according to Mrs. Juthamas.

Production is scheduled to start in February, she said, adding that Hayden Christensen from Star Wars has been cast in a leading role in this new action movie.

The film features treasure seekers who target aircraft which have crashed and which are carrying valuable cargoes.

It is directed by John McTiernan who gained fame from 'Predator' and 'Die Hard'.

The film will be shot in Bangkok, the mountainous northern province of Chiang Mai and the famous Andaman Sea resort of Phuket in the South, according to Governor Juthamas.

Mrs. Juthamas said Thailand has bright potential to be selected as the on-site location of filming as the country has quality workers, but inexpensive labour cost.

"Film technology and support services for filmmakers is rapidly developing in Thailand," she said, "and we have beautiful scenic views quite suitable for filming," she said.

If one-stop service can be developed, it could help facilitate the foreign film producers, she added.

She said in 2005, 497 foreign films were shot in Thailand, generating Bt1.13 billion (more than US$28 million) in revenue.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Any films made in hua hin
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Don't know about recently but some of The Killing Fields was filmed in and around Hua Hin; most famously the embassy scenes, which were filmed at the Railway Hotel, now the Sofitel of course.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Don't know of any other foreign films in Hua Hin apart from the one that Jaime has mentioned. The have been a few Thai movies filmed here and in the surrounding countryside. Keang Krachan (mainly in Petchburi) is partiularly popular and I have seen a couple of music videos filmed at Pala U..
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Dougal
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Hollywood film 'Crash Bandits' to be filmed in Thailand

Post by Dougal »

Norseman wrote:The producers of the Hollywood film "Crash Bandits"
I thought that my son had this as a game on his PC - then I realised it was Crash Bandicoot. How out of touch am I?