Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Post by buksida »

Prachuab Khirikhan is set to reclaim Hua Hin beach from vendors and reorganize the beach to make it more beautiful and pleasant for tourists.

Prachuab Khirikhan governor Veera Sriwatanatrakul has assigned all district chiefs to survey which location has been occupied by illegal vendors and officials will negotiate with those vendors to leave.

If they do not respond to orders, their properties will be removed by officials as beaches are public areas. Meanwhile, it is expected that the mission will be completed by this August.

Source: PRD
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Post by richard »

They tried before and look at the result
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Not normally cynical but I love the word "negotiate" in that statement.

Crazy 88
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Again, a non-confrontational policy is applied.
A friend is only one click away
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I think it's a good idea to control the beaches but I hope they leave somewhere to have lunch and a bottle of beer as that is how I spend most of my days when I'm in Thailand. In Phuket they seem to have just got rid of everything which I'm not sure is an improvement.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Agree with the above. I regularly walk the beach and have done for the past two days.
Other than the beach chairs/restaurants between the Hilton and Sofitel, there's virtually nothing in the way of vendors until you get to Khao Takieb (one or two).
OK, it's low season and later in the year there will be many more places to sit down but currently the places that are operational are no nuisance at all.
During high season, with high tides as well, the vendors encroach right down to the sea and it becomes almost impossible to walk the beach. Seems to me that it would make more sense to "tidy" things up then rather than now.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Are we talking about the right beach? I posted this a few weeks ago viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27327
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

I saw the police three days ago in Khao Takieb talking to all the vendors and bars that have chairs and tables on the beach. They were carrying paper work and giving the vendors from Myanmar a hard time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote:Are we talking about the right beach? I posted this a few weeks ago viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27327
I don't know but I think that's a bit of a different situation as those piers have completely stolen the beach. In other places I don't see the problem with having a few tables and chairs on the beach, in fact I've just had a very pleasant meal at such an establishment just down from the Veranda Lodge.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Hua Hin Beach cleanup!!

Post by jumusman »

Wow this is great news! Will be nice to see a beach with no vendors, how it should be. Thank you to the Governor..

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/new ... 7200010001
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Is this really a good thing? If I go to the beach for the day I like a chair/bed and umbrella(s). If they aren't aren't there, I won't use that beach. Cha-Am it is then.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yeah, although as a regular walker of HH beach I find the sun loungers and so on a real pain in the high season, what exactly do the powers that be want? A totally deserted beach? Almost all visitors want some shade and maybe a bite to eat and a drink.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

maybe they can have the "National pickup the trash off the beach day" instead.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I agree Big Boy must of our Thai families don't like to much sun and need the shade of a parasol and regular plates of food to keep them happy.
It's also nice to get the vendors come around with an ice box with ice creams and beer. :D

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Thriftydrifter
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Thriftydrifter »

I don't know what it's like in high season, but at the moment the only place where I would want to see some clearance is near the Hilton where the furniture completely obstructs the beach. If they clear everything it just adds to the 'tourists not welcome here' impression.