Bank holdup in Bangkok

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
crispernator
Amateur
Amateur

Bank holdup in Bangkok

Post by crispernator »

Yesterday i read an article about a 23 year old australian who held up a bank in bangkok with a fake pistol ,according to the report he made off with around 6600 dollars ,for 200 metres before he was arrested .Apparently he burst into the bank wearing a guyfaux mask with the fake pistol shouting money money ,the tellers handed over the baht and he fled .So the story goes he was broke from a extended stay liasing with some of the lovely ladies and had run out of money ,so dreamed up the idea of getting some quick cash from the holdup and going home .

unbelievable !
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: bank holdup in bangkok

Post by Lev »

Please quote news sources if you want to post news articles. Thanks.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Pretty stupid chap in just about every respect, then!
He'll probably get a free trip home eventually, but not for quite a while...
This is the way
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Lev wrote:Please quote news sources if you want to post news articles. Thanks.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/7 ... icket-home

Apparently, he'd only been here a month. It's amazing how Thailand, along with its culture, is capable of turning people into scum. You could be a god fearing, respectable do-gooder in a previous time...

...but come for a stay in Thailand and see what you come out as.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Bank holdup in Bangkok

Post by JamesWest »

somebody's girlfriend now...
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

GLCQuantum wrote:It's amazing how Thailand, along with its culture, is capable of turning people into scum. You could be a god fearing, respectable do-gooder in a previous time...

...but come for a stay in Thailand and see what you come out as.
Do you have any evidence that this chap was a god-fearing, respectable do-gooder to begin with? According to the story "he was a tourist staying in the Nana red-light area on Sukhumvit Road", which doesn't indicate to me that he was a saint before he came over here...
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"Do you have any evidence that this chap was a god-fearing, respectable do-gooder to begin with?"

Not sure that was aimed at this particular person but a general observation on how people can change quite drastically after hitting these shores. I've seen evidence of this numerous time.
crispernator
Amateur
Amateur

Post by crispernator »

Hi all, sorry lev about not posting the link i am not quite up to speed on that sort of thing but GLCQuantum helped me out thanks for that ,from reading reports he is a 23 year old australian who works as an ice cream sales assistant somwhere in aus, and he was staying in the nana district so you can guess where most of his money went ,what i am surprised about was the fact he had no return ticket .now im sure i had to show i had a return flight at passport control in june to get my visa stamp for 30 days .The only thing is if he had cancelled he would have lost his money anyway i am pretty sure they dont do refunds or they didnt on my ticket .