Troops intercept student activists in Ratchaburi

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Troops intercept student activists in Ratchaburi

Post by Geko »

The Nation December 7, 2015 11:16 am
Troops intercepted student activists at the Ban Pong railway station and disconnected their carriage from the Thon Buri-Hua Hin train Monday morning.

The students led by Sirawith Seritiwat were heading to the Rajabhakti Park in Hua Hin to stage symbolic protest against alleged irregularities in the park project.

When the train arrived at the station, troops stopped the train and asked Sirawit to leave but he refused. Troops then took away a lawyer, Anon Nampha and some student activists from the train and the troops eventually disconnected the carriage in which Sirawith was riding from the main train that was allowed to proceed to Hua Hin.

Earlier in the day, the Hua Hin police station announced that the park was closed to the public for a day Monday for "renovation".
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Troops intercept student activists in Ratchaburi

Post by STEVE G »

Geko wrote:
Earlier in the day, the Hua Hin police station announced that the park was closed to the public for a day Monday for "renovation".
I imagine that someone will be putting in a receipt for the " renovations" as well!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What is there to renovate? A huge concrete apron - nothing else there :?

Well there are a couple of bits, but nowhere where the public have access to.

My grand daughter had heard there was some big wig coming today. She had a name, but not anything I can remember.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

some pretty big cracks in the car park last time I was there, so maybe breaking up and relaying and just maybe they are going to post some info in English
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

StevePIraq wrote:just maybe they are going to post some info in English
The cracks in the alleged finance and the management of the build are the most serious. I guess that English news of repairs is the last thing they will want to publish.

Rumors are that a tender will be ussued for and extremely large broom an even bigger rug.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Bristolian wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:just maybe they are going to post some info in English
The cracks in the alleged finance and the management of the build are the most serious. I guess that English news of repairs is the last thing they will want to publish.

Rumors are that a tender will be ussued for and extremely large an even bigger rug.
:lach: :lach: :lach: :naughty: :naughty:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just read the park is closed again this morning (hoping it opens at about 1pm). They are saying the repairs are taking longer than expected because too many visitors caused the damage :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ah yes, that will do it - feet walking on concrete. Reminds me of a certain ex-PM who was in uproar when accused of graft when cracks appeared in a runway one of his companies was contracted to build at Suvarnabhumi ... "What do you expect, planes to land on it?".
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

The pro democracy students were apparently blocked from going to the park for their own safety, the PM stated. Opposing groups were apparently waiting for them at the park

Strange statement as I would have thought a park in Army control would be very safe with the army guarding it. :idea: no surely not! .. :rasta:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Those that be in control of the park are just shooting themselves in the foot.....again. It's all farce.....can't investigate properly when it's "one of the boys."
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Bristolian wrote:The pro democracy students were apparently blocked from going to the park for their own safety, the PM stated. Opposing groups were apparently waiting for them at the park
That then begs the question why the waiting groups weren't arrested for unlawful assembly - I presume there were more than 5 people there :?

.. or why 200 people were allowed to demonstrate in front of the US Embassy a few days ago .....
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Bristolian wrote:The pro democracy students were apparently blocked from going to the park for their own safety, the PM stated. Opposing groups were apparently waiting for them at the park

Strange statement as I would have thought a park ... would be very safe with the army guarding it. :idea: no surely not! .. :rasta:
Maybe the Army were the opposing groups :)