Bridge club in Pattaya raided

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Bridge club in Pattaya raided

Post by oakdale160 »

RUMOURS - I did hear that these criminals were bidding for contracts without a work permit. Trading in Diamonds, digging with Spades, giving cardiac advice and assaulting opponent with Clubs, and I believe, all financed by TRUMP.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

oakdale160 wrote:RUMOURS - I did hear that these criminals were bidding for contracts without a work permit. Trading in Diamonds, digging with Spades, giving cardiac advice and assaulting opponent with Clubs, and I believe, all financed by TRUMP.
You've got a cruel Heart :mrgreen:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

oakdale160 wrote:Of all the details of the story, one that perplexes me is why 120 cards. 52 or 104 or 156 (perhaps more for jockers) I could understand but 120?????
What surprises me is that there was somebody amongst the swat team that could count to 120!

Or maybe they took a bar girl with them to help out?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:Of all the details of the story, one that perplexes me is why 120 cards. 52 or 104 or 156 (perhaps more for jockers) I could understand but 120?????
What surprises me is that there was somebody amongst the swat team that could count to 120!

Or maybe they took a bar girl with them to help out?
When that law was written in the 1930's, Thai Pai playing cards were more common than regular type cards. Thai Pai has 60 cards per deck. Pete :cheers:
phpEGLc3pPM.jpg
phpEGLc3pPM.jpg (70.12 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Here's more about Thai Pai or Pai Thai:

http://virginiarussell.wix.com/playing- ... -thai/cwkq
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Spitfire wrote:
seveneleven wrote:They knowingly broke the law and considered themselves immune based on their presumed privacy. in their bridge gaming club
If they wanted to gamble, they should have done it in a country where gambling is legal.
I don't think it's right that they were busted, but I don't think it's right to defend them either. and say they were not doing anything wrong They knowingly broke the law.

lol :lach: ......holding my reply there.....barely.

You're responce is bordering on the aplologist garbage....and also sadly, the ridiculous.

You are free at your leasure to take out the banana from your backside and stop the self-righteous apologist rubbish anytime. I guess you haven't lived here very long and are a 'grateful guest' etc......facepalm.

Snigger.... :shock:
:agree: :clap: :thumb:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

kendo wrote:Seveneleven may I suggest to you this is a friendly forum compared to some of the other one's around Thailand.
With any forum you have to have a thick skin when it come's to banter or someone with an opposite point of view some times you just have to deal with it. We don't see this as any more than banter.

Your more than welcome to keep posting with the wealth of your experiences in Thailand.
:agree:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

JamesWest wrote:
seveneleven wrote:
Spitfire wrote:

lol :lach: ......holding my reply there.....barely.

You're responce is bordering on the aplologist garbage....and also sadly, the ridiculous.

You are free at your leasure to take out the banana from your backside and stop the self-righteous apologist rubbish anytime. I guess you haven't lived here very long and are a 'grateful guest' etc......facepalm.

Snigger.... :shock:
Oh good lord, I'm not being serious.
I've been here more than a decade.
You should not insult people based on internet comments.
Get a life.
People like you make forums not worth memberships even though it's free.
welcome to the forum. don't expect intelligent debate from forum members here. members of this forum can really rip you apart sometimes. state your opinion or be misunderstood and boom. when they smell blood they just blast away. it won't get better so you should just deal with it. i had too. best not to respond. i stayed away for a few months, but i transcended to a new level of universal love and understanding for my fellow forum members.

a proper response to your post would have been to politely disagree and perhaps suggest that Bridge is not gambling and to explain why you feel that is the case. Or post a link to Thai law, that way we could all learn something.

Your best bet here is to post info on Hua Hin going ons or get info you need.

Anyway, Good luck and don't get discouraged.
Spitfire is a well-respected and intelligent member of this forum, and I like and respect the frankness in his posts.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

You can disagree, without being disageeable.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Yes, Name Taken is quite correct about Spitfire in his last posting. I don't see any trace of him being disagreeable. so where is it OAKDALE?

I believe that I am the only member of this forum who have had the pleasure of meeting up with Spitfire and I can assure you that he is one of the really good guys.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

As for the 'Bridge club in Pattaya raided'. Well it must have been a slow News day, these types of incidents are an almost daily occurrence in Pattaya. :? :roll:
Pattaya is a city that is rife with crime and criminal activity.