Bridge club in Pattaya raided

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Bridge club in Pattaya raided

Post by oakdale160 »

Its the Patty police that are being laughed at. TheHH police probably are joining in the laughter.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

oakdale160 wrote:Its the Patty police that are being laughed at. TheHH police probably are joining in the laughter.
I very much doubt anyone outside Thailand appreciates the difference.
This is the way
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

seveneleven wrote:They knowingly broke the law and considered themselves immune based on their presumed privacy. in their bridge gaming club
If they wanted to gamble, they should have done it in a country where gambling is legal.
I don't think it's right that they were busted, but I don't think it's right to defend them either. and say they were not doing anything wrong They knowingly broke the law.

lol :lach: ......holding my reply there.....barely.

You're responce is bordering on the aplologist garbage....and also sadly, the ridiculous.

You are free at your leasure to take out the banana from your backside and stop the self-righteous apologist rubbish anytime. I guess you haven't lived here very long and are a 'grateful guest' etc......facepalm.

Snigger.... :shock:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Nice trolling....give you that
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

oakdale160 wrote:Its the Patty police that are being laughed at. TheHH police probably are joining in the laughter.
According to one of the news sources linked above:

“Police know that bridge is a sport because a similar case happened before, but this time it was military and district officials who initiated the raid and they probably didn’t know,”
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

Spitfire wrote:
seveneleven wrote:They knowingly broke the law and considered themselves immune based on their presumed privacy. in their bridge gaming club
If they wanted to gamble, they should have done it in a country where gambling is legal.
I don't think it's right that they were busted, but I don't think it's right to defend them either. and say they were not doing anything wrong They knowingly broke the law.

You're responce is bordering on the aplologist garbage....and also sadly, the ridiculous.

You are free at your leasure to take out the banana from your backside and stop the self-righteous apologist rubbish anytime. I guess you haven't lived here very long and are a 'grateful guest' etc......facepalm.

Oh good lord, I'm not being serious.
I've been here more than a decade.
You should not insult people based on internet comments.
Get a life.
People like you make forums not worth memberships even though it's free.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ 7/11. Could you be a little more clear

If you are saying that your original post was in jest...Ok, it's hilarious but I did not read it as a joke and neither did Spitfire.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

As a new member my sense of humor is likely misunderstood.
I did not mean to categorize the bridge club as a guilty club of gambling.
It was more or less a humorous jab at the content of the article.
I was not trolling nor was I intending to create problems among readers of the forum.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Where is HHTel when we need him?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

you don't need anyone, I'll probably not sign in or read this forum again.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

seveneleven wrote:
Spitfire wrote:

Oh good lord, I'm not being serious.
I've been here more than a decade.
You should not insult people based on internet comments.
Get a life.
People like you make forums not worth memberships even though it's free.
welcome to the forum. don't expect intelligent debate from forum members here. members of this forum can really rip you apart sometimes. state your opinion or be misunderstood and boom. when they smell blood they just blast away. it won't get better so you should just deal with it. i had too. best not to respond. i stayed away for a few months, but i transcended to a new level of universal love and understanding for my fellow forum members.

a proper response to your post would have been to politely disagree and perhaps suggest that Bridge is not gambling and to explain why you feel that is the case. Or post a link to Thai law, that way we could all learn something.

Your best bet here is to post info on Hua Hin going ons or get info you need.

Anyway, Good luck and don't get discouraged.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

seveneleven wrote:you don't need anyone, I'll probably not sign in or read this forum again.
sorry about that, this is a in joke here, meaning you have not been called stupid yet, like i was. sorry if you misunderstood, it was a vailed reference.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Seveneleven may I suggest to you this is a friendly forum compared to some of the other one's around Thailand.
With any forum you have to have a thick skin when it come's to banter or someone with an opposite point of view some times you just have to deal with it. We don't see this as any more than banter.

Your more than welcome to keep posting with the wealth of your experiences in Thailand.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

seveneleven wrote:Can they still use their points when the get out of jail?
:cheers: :thumb:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I sent the foreign press link to a pun loving friend. She said it's all a A Row over the Bridgers Thai.