Bangkok bar owner falls to death

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Bangkok bar owner falls to death

Post by Nereus »

Not sure where this should be posted, but it is news. It may well be an indication of what can happen in the bar industry.
I no longer go to bar areas, but I did know this fellow when he first opened his well known bar in Bangkok. He was a very down to earth operator, and well known and liked in Bangkok. In recent times it seems that he has fallen on hard times, and there is also mention of drugs, which very much surprises me. RIP Darel.

Soi Cowboy bar owner dies in 39-storey fall

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... torey-fall
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Bangkok bar owner falls to death

Post by JamesWest »

RIP.

I looked at this facebook page, you can see the progression of the problem.

his friend posted on the other forum he was battling chronic pain from a base jumping accident where he shattered his leg. he started his own form of meds and it got out of control for him, with freinds saying he became a little mentally unhinged.

Of course owning a Soi Cowboy gogo for 13 years would make anyone... :shock:
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The story is that he locked himself out of his condo and was trying to get to his condo's balcony from another Condo. Note to ALL--do NOT try this,even on the first floor, never mind the 39th!
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

I have heard rumors that most of the Bars on Soi Cowboy are owned by Arabs. Don't know if that's true or not because I haven't been to Soi Cowboy in years.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Name Taken wrote:I have heard rumors that most of the Bars on Soi Cowboy are owned by Arabs. Don't know if that's true or not because I haven't been to Soi Cowboy in years.
No, not really. There is one owner that is referred to as "the Arab", but he is actually Iranian.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Nereus wrote:
Name Taken wrote:I have heard rumors that most of the Bars on Soi Cowboy are owned by Arabs. Don't know if that's true or not because I haven't been to Soi Cowboy in years.
No, not really. There is one owner that is referred to as "the Arab", but he is actually Iranian.
Oh Yeah? Like the guy in the movie The Hangover Part 2? Samir?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

He's had a lot of press on Stickman, especially last Sunday, about the decline of his bar and his behaviour.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.