Thai woman killed by drunk driver in Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Thai woman killed by drunk driver in Hua Hin

Post by JamesWest »

My super cute Thai girlfriend just relayed this sad story to me. :(

This was verbally told to her by a friend and not from a Facebook post or news story.

Last night, (early morning) at 4:00 AM a Thai lady was sweeping up in front of or inside a store across the street from Lucky Restaurant on Railway Road near Soi 84. I think this is the Thai hardware and household goods store where everything is very inexpensive. I have been in this place many times.

A drunk Thai woman in a car struck and killed her. I am not sure if she was inside the store or on the street, but my girlfriend went past the store today and she said it was damaged with a smashed front and looked like the car stopped inside the store. She said "Everything like boom, and broken. Crazy."

No Farangs involved, but a reminder to everybody about late night drunk drivers.

Be careful out there.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Re: Thai Woman Killed by Drunk Thai Driver in HH

Post by Sabai Sabai »

I actually seen this story, in Thai language. It was that shop you described.

Although the driver of the car was a woman, from Sisaket. The unfortunate victim was a 40 year old male, a local engineer.

The victim was riding a bike (apparently heading north on the shop side of the road) which was hit by the car (apparently heading south at great speed), both the bike and rider were thrown into the shop. He died instantly and she was taken away by the police to be charged.

ช่วงเช้ามืดวันนี้เกิดเหตุรถเก๋งชนรถจักรยานยนต์ บนถนนพระปกเกล้าหน้าร้านสมอเรียงผับ แล้วเสียหลักลาก รถจักยานยนต์พุ่งเข้าไปในร้านขายสินค้าราคาถูกข้างทางพังเสียหาย คนขี่รถจักรยานยนต์ชื่อ นายธนฑัต จันทร์พรม ทำงานกองช่าง เทศบาลเมืองหัวหิน เสียชีวิตคาที่ ส่วนคนขับรถเก๋งชื่อ น.ส.พรรณนิสา ขันดี คน จ.ศรีสะเกษ ตำรวจควบคุมตัวไปดำเนินคดี ส่วนศพมูลนิธิสว่างหัวหิน นำส่ง รพ.หัวหิน (09/02/59)
ขอแสดงความเสียใจกับครอบครัวผู้เสียชีวิตด้วยครับ.