Hua Hin - Suvarnabhumi Airport VIP bus crash

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Unconfirmed report: Hua Hin - Airport bus crash

Post by Thistle »

You open the forum on this subject,with my final comment after 3/4 posts.Question WHY??????????????????? It looks and reads totally if i have made a passing comment.Totally not acceptable hua hin forum,comment pleasr???????????????????????
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin - Suvarnabhumi Airport VIP bus crash

Post by usual suspect »

I clicked on the link for the facebook page..it has photos of the bus in the ditch with an artic parked alongside..?
Now I'm presuming the truck had something to do with the incident, but having looked at all the pics..the truck has no scars/marks on it at all..? (& both the cab & rear-end of the trailer..lights etc are all in tact)..So I'm thinking has the truck come over to the left, hit the bus side-ways on with the trailer, & forced the bus into the klong..? :?
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

FWIW, on one of my several Hua Hin-to-Pattaya Bell Travel trips last month, our "VIP bus" rear-ended a truck on a Bangkok freeway. Low speed collision, no injuries, but the bus was damaged enough that it couldn't continue on the journey:

We waited 40 minutes for a replacement bus. I was surprised how quickly it got there. No fuss from any passengers. I think if we had been going to the airport, there may have been some frazzled nerves, but we were going non-stop to Pattaya and it simply meant getting there a bit later.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

bsdk1960 wrote:
Terry wrote:Makes me feel all warm.

I'm booked on the 08.00 tomorrow to Swampy.............. :roll:
Isn't there a saying that the lighting dosn't strike twice the same place,but it's show again how dangerous the trafic is here in TH.
I hope everyone is safe and ok,we passed there today about 13.00 on our way to BK

:cheers: :cheers:
Guess you're right - the 08.00 left on time and arrived at the airport at 11.20. Nothing unpleasant to report - thankfully.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Terry wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:
Terry wrote:Makes me feel all warm.

I'm booked on the 08.00 tomorrow to Swampy.............. :roll:
Isn't there a saying that the lighting dosn't strike twice the same place,but it's show again how dangerous the trafic is here in TH.
I hope everyone is safe and ok,we passed there today about 13.00 on our way to BK

Guess you're right - the 08.00 left on time and arrived at the airport at 11.20. Nothing unpleasant to report - thankfully.
Glad to here,and I do understand your concern,and no matter how good and safe you or others drive there still many morons out on these roads.
I have used the airport bus many time and I think they are pretty good drivers,but they don't fit my flight schedule at the monet so its the car now.
Take it easy out there and stay safe everyone.

Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Yes the schedules are not always conveniant. I used it this time for my flight to Hanoi, but on my return next Sunday the timing is a little too tight, so Mrs.T will get me picked up.

I agree that the drivers are generally not maniacs and stay on 90 -100kph all the time and they seem to have a timetable to follow.

Despite the accident (Which I would like to know more about), it's a safe and cheap way to and from the airport if you don't want to park your car there and when you consider the driving lunacy that is on the roads here.

:cheers:
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Noticed drivers blowing into the alcohol tester at Hua Hin station before setting off. That safety feature gets ruined though by certain drivers spending 20 mins or more on their mobile phones while driving.

The thing is big so size may help in a minor accident. I personally haven't been involved in an accident but this is Thailand and it is just a form of transport that I must rely on to get around on when needed.