Japanese tourists' naked swim in Hua Hin invites investigation

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

Japanese tourists' naked swim in Hua Hin invites investigation

Post by buksida »

Viral photos of dozens of Japanese tourists frolicking naked in the surf of Hua Hin prompted a fruitless police investigation over the weekend.

Investigators subsequently determined that the 20 to 30 men involved in the mass skinny dipping session were part of a Japanese tour group that eluded capture by departing the country as scheduled Monday morning, according to the commander of Hua Hin police.

“If they were still in the country, we would have brought them in for prosecution,” Col. Chaiyakorn Sriladaecho said by telephone. “But they already left the country, so there’s nothing we can do.”

The case came to light after a Twitter user named Komsak Addams posted photos showing the naked young men, arms locked together, ankle-deep in the sea Saturday on Hua Hin beach.

“I was having a meal with friends at a seaside restaurant when all of sudden dozens of a Chinese [sic] male group tour stripped naked. Do you think I can eat anything now?” Komsak wrote in a message since retweeted more than 11,000 times.

While some expressed shock, others found humor.

“My dear friend, why are you doing this? This is disgusting! Why didn’t you get closer? I can’t see anything.” user Tanacarnn wrote in reply.

When news reports identified the tourists as Japanese, Komsak took to Twitter to apologize for his assumption they were Chinese.

“I would like to apologize to China for accusing your tourists of stripping on Hua Hin Beach Saturday,” he wrote.

Chaiyakorn said police are still investigating the tour company to find out whether it encouraged the naked stunt. If so, the police colonel said, the company would be liable for public indecency. But he suspects the stunt was unendorsed by the company.

“I think it’s personal wrongdoing,” Chaiyakorn said.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 1457353635
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Japanese tourists' naked swim in Hua Hin invites investigation

Post by dtaai-maai »

It's just as well the HH police have access to hotel residency information within 24 hours so they can track down miscreants such as these... :roll:
This is the way
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

They missed a trick there if they had caught them it would have been a very lucrative evening. I wonder how much that would have cost them to settle this bizarre matter. Was it a rugby team gay cult or just student hijinks what ever not acceptable especially in Hua Hin with its special connections.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Well done Japanese tourists, you came to enjoy and you had fun. Seems that Hua Hin police has nothing else to do,than investigate this criminal activity.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Kendo: Have to disagree with your final sentence,makes no difference who or what they happened to be,a little fun,not apparently causing serious offence to anyone should not be considered un-acceptable.The Japanese are not renowned for being generally offensive.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

europtimiste..I salute you..you almost read my mind.. :thumb:

It's quite a while since I read a news-report on here to make me smile..as for HH MiB..forget about petty issues such as this one... :neener:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Nude bathing is a japanese tradition. I think it would be a nice boost for tourism in HH if it could become well known in Japan for its tolerance of nude bathing.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

It would maybe a good idea to have a section of beach designated for nudist swimming. We have one at Studland just a couple of miles from where I live, it works well. Those who don't want to go beyond the notices don't have to.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I have to agree with Siani got no problem with skinny dipping on a secluded beach or in a designated nudist beathing area.Thirty butt naked men on the main beach in a tourist resort is not exceptable. It's highly likely that their could have been women and children still walking under the stars.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've had to suffer plenty of women skinny dipping when I walk my dogs. I've never found it offensive :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Japanese men get naked together all the time. Nothing to see here, move along.