Drought-hit Thailand sends up the Royal Rainmakers

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Big Boy

Re: Drought-hit Thailand sends up the Royal Rainmakers

Post by Big Boy »

StevePIraq wrote:Songkran to keep the illiterate and tourists happy, forget the religious aspect it is supposed to relate to .
OK, I'm obviously an illiterate, and whilst enjoying a day of Songkran, I don't condone the water mismanagement. However, I don't know a single Thai that doesn't do the religious thing first (not saying there aren't any).

I think the Thais do the religious thing a lot better than many Westerners do events such as Christmas. I am loosely a Christian, but I have often been off my head and have over eaten at Christmas many times. What has that got to do with Christmas? As for Easter................ :oops:

We all have strange excuses to party, but is there that much wrong with it? The crop damage has already been done, and the rains will be with us soon, Stop the biggest party of the year and there will be blatant abuse, and the Government will lose any goodwill it has built up.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

And still Thailand relies on growing rice.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Sacred bulls predict rainfall for parched Thailand"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sacred-bulls ... 20905.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

My wife got a visit yesterday from the Municipality warning us not to water the garden and that they will be monitoring the meter useage - not sure what action they would take if we don't follow their advice, but its obviously becoming an issue for the area.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Requests from the government and local authorities and still they water the concrete roads outside their home or business.

The majority of locals don't give a damn about their environment ...... or to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just don't understand.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Indeed... I saw a green van dumping a shed load of water all over the road yesterday, at much discomfort to my feet! I am still yet to understand the purpose of this particular activity.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Pleng wrote:Indeed... I saw a green van dumping a shed load of water all over the road yesterday, at much discomfort to my feet! I am still yet to understand the purpose of this particular activity.
It's supposedly to stop dust being swept into the nearby shops. This is why Mom and Pop do it on the road outside their shop.

Fruitless, probably.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

But that was a month ago!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

and its worse now
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

At last an Iranian Cleric tells us the real reason behind the drought, how could we have thought anything else.

Iranian women's clothing ‘causing rivers to run dry’

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ira ... spartanntp