Southern rail line reopens after crossing smash

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Southern rail line reopens after crossing smash

Post by PeteC »

Two car/train crashes yesterday. One in Surat Thani and one in Surin. I'm really anxious to see how they'll build any high speed line to keep cars and trucks (and livestock, dogs etc.) completely away from any tracks. I would say the only safe way is to elevate the whole thing, or tunnel. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... sing-smash
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Southern rail line reopens after crossing smash

Post by brianks »

Interesting Post. This is the first time I have seen anyone raise the question of RR crossings and the proposed High Speed Rail lines. Never mentioned by anyone from government or in newspapers. If they can't control the crossings any better than they do now will surely have some dramatically pulverizing smash ups with high speed rail.

Much like the small nuclear stone plant in OnKorat where maintenance was not done every year as required and 6 years later the whole plant goes down and very expensive rebuild. Just imagine how a big nuclear power plant would go down if they can't even manage a small one.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

With those musso nutters down south NO railway crossing or bridge is safe!
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Aren't high-speed rail lines usually built on raised platforms/land so that there are no grade-level crossings?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

wpcoe wrote:Aren't high-speed rail lines usually built on raised platforms/land so that there are no grade-level crossings?
Yes, I think they are but here they will need to be VERY high with walls, barbwire and perhaps land mines or someone without doubt will find a way to get across as a short cut. If that should happen, the flood gate opens and it will become a regular route for locals. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Will Thai high speed rail be elevated on embankments or on concrete viaducts? I would imagine concrete is the easier way here and so there should be no problem with roads, paths, buffalo tracks, etc. passing underneath.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I love the statement in the article "Any surviving chickens fled the scene ". Damn them why didn't they stay to give a statement.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^There's msut be a joke in there somewhere for why the chicken crossed the road (railroad)
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain