Japan announces $7 billion plan to develop Mekong region

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Japan announces $7 billion plan to develop Mekong region

Post by hhfarang »

"BANGKOK (AP) — Japan's foreign minister announced a $7 billion initiative Monday to promote development in Southeast Asia's Mekong region, which encompasses parts of Vietnam, Laos and Thailand through which the river flows.

In a speech at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Fumio Kishida affirmed the importance of Southeast Asia's economic prosperity to Japan. He pledged 750 billion yen ($7 billion) in funding over the next three years to support development and growth in the region.

The initiative will help promote "connectivity" within Southeast Asian countries and Japan through funding in infrastructure and development of human resources. Thailand has become a key manufacturing and export hub for Japanese manufacturers such as Toyota and Honda. ..."

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-japan ... ion-2016-5
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Re: Japan announces $7 billion plan to develop Mekong region

Post by charlesh »

Did someone tell the Chinese upstream who appear to be causing all the problems ?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Japan announces $7 billion plan to develop Mekong region

Post by Khundon1975 »

I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.