Axe wielding drug fiend steals German woman's car in Sam Roi Yot

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

Axe wielding drug fiend steals German woman's car in Sam Roi Yot

Post by buksida »

A crazed drug addict in a balaclava brandishing an axe took a German tourist’s car to sell for a fix of Ya Ba on Wednesday.

The drama happened near the beach at Ban Nong Khaem Yai in the Sam Roi Yot area south of Hua Hin. Sandra Mialger (transliterated), 35, had brought her three dogs for a dip in the sea reported Manager Online

After she returned to the car a youth in a balaclava forced her to drive off with him in the back holding the axe to her throat.

Police have made a quick arrest with a 22 year old Thai man admitting his crime. A swift reenactment was witnessed by a large crowd who had heard about the case on Wednesday before provincial and local officers paraded the man for the press.

Sandra told officers that she was visiting her boyfriend who works in Prajuab Khiri Khan province. They had been staying for a month at the nearby Lee Lao Dee Resort. Almost every day she would bring their three dogs, Yorkshire terriers and a Jack Russell terrier, to play in the sea at the beach.

She had spotted a man lounging about in a rest area nearby but had thought nothing of it.

After going to the beach she returned to her car and put the dogs in the back but as she was getting in the driver’s seat the man she believed she had seen earlier who was now wearing a balaclava put an axe to her head, got in the back and told her to drive off.

This she did but she soon told the man that she did not know where she was going. He was holding the axe continually to her throat while she drove, she said.

He then told her to stop and ordered her into the back while he drove. But she suspected that he was a very poor driver and the car was moving very slowly. Seizing her chance she opened a rear door, pushed the dogs out and made her escape.

She alerted people nearby and the authorities were quickly called. Twenty two year old Cholanathee Oo-It was swiftly rounded up with the Mitsubishi Mirage car, some four kilometers away.

He was brought back for a reenactment. He told police that he had not had a fix of Ya Ba for several days and on seeing the female tourist alone decided to steal her car to sell for drugs.

His background is being checked as police prepare their case against him.

Source: Manager Media
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Axe wielding drug fiend steals German woman's car in Sam Roi Yot

Post by Ginjaninja »

Lucky escape... who knows what he might have actually done to the poor lass.
GN.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

What a terrifying experience for the poor lady. How brave of her to think logically and rationally about how to escape with her dogs from this awful situation, and thank goodness the cops have got the man. I rarely go out without Mr.VS at my side, but if I did I'd seriously consider buying some (illegal?) pepper spray to keep close at hand - just in case.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

This close on the back of the Welsh family getting themselves into serious bother at 3 am during Songkram (I watched the video, I really think they could have walked away at the start, an apology while quickly backing out of the scene works wonders). After 12 years in very safe Dubai, it looks as though I will have to make sure my wife reverts to our London/Essex safety awareness state when we move to HH. Nothing we can't handle, it's just remembering to be sensible. We never even locked our doors here for 12 years unless we are all out.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Vital Spark wrote:What a terrifying experience for the poor lady. How brave of her to think logically and rationally about how to escape with her dogs from this awful situation, and thank goodness the cops have got the man. I rarely go out without Mr.VS at my side, but if I did I'd seriously consider buying some (illegal?) pepper spray to keep close at hand - just in case.

VS
Check up on the spray. Mr S bought some in France some year back when we had a business there. Quite legal, you can buy them in any Tabac. We were followed one night home from our business late at night. Our neighbour, a Frenchman, advised us to buy the spray, so we did. We carried it around for years in our van glove box, not ever thankfully had to use it. I think we even changed vans and it got transferred over with all the other junk.
One week we came across Dover / Calais and got pulled by the Customs. They found it and said it was a criminal act to have it in your possession in the UK. Mr S got fined, DNA tested and had nasty record and fine as a result!

I cannot imagine what this poor woman went through with this lunatic...horrific act!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Pepper spray also known as OC spray (from "oleoresin capsicum"), OC gas, and capsicum spray usage for self-defense is legal in Thailand and it is freely available in stores.
However possession in a public place can be punished by confiscation and a fine.
We also have one of those electronic zappers if things get real bad
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali