Cinema owner 'neglected fire safety rules

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Cinema owner 'neglected fire safety rules

Post by Nereus »

This happen a couple of days ago in Bangkok. I rarely go to a cinema, but have to ask just how many of them are similar to this. And despite all the threats and flag waving, I doubt that very much will be done about it.
...........................................................................................................

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... fety-rules

Inspection reports 'not filed' for 3 years

The owner of the fire-ravaged Major Cineplex Pinklao failed to comply with several public building safety regulations, according to the Building Safety Inspectors and Officers Association (BSA).

The cinema owner failed to install an automatic fire alarm device in all necessary parts of the building, an automatic fire sprinkler system in all parts of the building, an automatic emergency lighting system, and fire exit signs and plans as required by the Engineering Institute of Thailand, he said. The cinema operator also did not use fireproof walls along fire exit paths and failed to ensure that smoke could not escape into fire exits in the event of a fire, he said.

The operator also failed to regularly inspect the fire pumps and hoses and did not comply with building control laws that require an annual inspection of the building, he said.

More details at the link..................................
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Cinema owner 'neglected fire safety rules

Post by HHTel »

I was looking at the fine calculation. 60,000 plus 10,000 for every day late of an inspection report. Last one filed 3 years ago which means 2 years fine. Hmmm that's over 7 million baht. I wonder if that will ever be paid!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Of course no responsible officials tried chasing up the required reports? Wonder how many other buildings do the same? I shouldn't think 7 million is much for Major to cough up. Just a small business expense.