In Buri Ram, all that glitters is marigold

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

In Buri Ram, all that glitters is marigold

Post by PeteC »

A good news, positive story for a change. :D Pete :cheers:

"A sea of yellow carpets large swathes of land in a secluded village of Buri Ram where local farmers have found financial security with the golden petals of the ever popular dao rueng.

More than 30 families in tambon Ban Nong Mai Ngarm in Ban Kruat district have single-handedly worked from the ground up to transform the village. Previously they farmed cassava, sugar cane and potato, but now they have built one of the country's main marigold centres -- with zero help from the state."......

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... s-marigold
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: In Buri Ram, all that glitters is marigold

Post by Big Boy »

Problem is, that Thailand being Thailand, another 50 groups of farmers will now read this and do the same in search of financial security. A press article like this is probably the worst thing that could have happened for the Buriram farmers.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What the farmers may have not discovered yet is that marigolds are a food and vitamin supplement. If they can get into that supply chain what they're doing now would be small change. Do a Google for the many details on-line. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

prcscct wrote:What the farmers may have not discovered yet is that marigolds are a food and vitamin supplement. If they can get into that supply chain what they're doing now would be small change. Do a Google for the many details on-line. Pete :cheers:
When I was a wee lad one of my Aunts used to make marigold tea claiming it had many health benefits... guess she knew something.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I also rememberrhat when I grew veggies it was recommended that you planred marigolds among them as it kept some insects away,
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

oakdale160 wrote:I also rememberrhat when I grew veggies it was recommended that you planred marigolds among them as it kept some insects away,
Particularly good at deterring carrot root fly when planted nearby