Junta launches propaganda TV channel for foreigners

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

Junta launches propaganda TV channel for foreigners

Post by buksida »

THAILAND’S military government has launched a special television program that caters to foreign viewers seeking the junta’s views on national politics, but the public relations exercise to restore its human rights image appears to be off to a slow start.

The English-language program, which airs on state-owned television station National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT) and on YouTube, seeks to clarify the military’s moves and decisions via one-on-one interviews with top government leaders, and to provide insight into current developments in the kingdom.

Hosted by Deputy Government Spokesman Major-General Werachon Sukondhapatipak, The Insider began airing on July 31, and is now into its second episode.

The first episode included an exclusive interview with Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) member and former Foreign Affairs Ministry Permanent Secretary Norachit Sinhaseni, who explained why the recently voted-in draft charter was “unique” and “special”.

The pilot episode was followed up by an exclusive interview with Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam who, among other things, touched on the importance of significant law reforms in the country.

In the opening lines of one of the episodes, Werachon said Thailand was currently engaging its three-phased roadmap “to become a fully functional democratic country” with a democracy that was “sustainable”, amid the government’s process of drafting the charter.

On Aug. 7, the Thai voting public approved a junta-backed constitution in a referendum. The constitution lays the foundation for a civilian government influenced by the military and controlled by appointed rather than elected officials.

Although the new television program featured top government officials, the first episode, which stretches slightly over 15 minutes, gained little more than 1,000 views on YouTube.

Source: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/08/ ... l-tv-show/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed these 2 episodes on YouTube. Really I can't. Still, I suppose I increased the viewing numbers. I suppose some lucky embassy staffers will be privileged to watch every episode.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Junta launches propaganda TV channel for foreigners

Post by europtimiste »

Propaganda, brainwashing.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Re: Junta launches propaganda TV channel for foreigners

Post by stretch »

same in the uk called the bbc