Fruit and veggies 'still contaminated'

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Fruit and veggies 'still contaminated'

Post by PeteC »

Ugggh! This puts me off completely this morning. :( Pete

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ntaminated

....."Ms Prokchol said 70.2% of the produce from supermarkets was contaminated.

Chinese kale topped the contaminated veggies with 10 out of 11 samples containing residues. Red chillies (9 of 12) came second, followed by cowpeas and basil (8 of 12), morning glory (7 of 12), small eggplant (6 of 11), cucumber (5 of 11), tomato (3 of 11), cabbage (2 of 11) and Chinese cabbage (2 of 12), according to test results.

In terms of fruit, Sai Namphueng oranges were the most worrisome as traces of chemicals were found in all eight samples. They were followed by dragon fruit (7 of 8 ), guava (6 of 7), papaya (3 of 6), watermelon (3 of 7) and cantaloupe (1 of 7).

Q mark goods showed a higher prevalence of contamination, 61.5%, than they did during the group's March survey, 57%. The March results led to tension between Thai-Pan and agricultural officials.".....
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Fruit and veggies 'still contaminated'

Post by RCer »

The word "residue" to me means, you need to wash your fruits and veggies, something I've been doing all my life.

Then they use the word "in", which to me means washing won't do any good.

Anyone have more than what the article says? Is the contamination on the surface or internal resulting from planting in contaminated soil?