New sightseeing tower in Bangkok

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

New sightseeing tower in Bangkok

Post by Nereus »

Sightseeing tower will be country's tallest structure

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -structure

The Finance Ministry plans to build a 459 metre sightseeing tower on state land by the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok at an estimated cost of 4 billion baht.

A source at the ministry said on Monday the Treasury Department was studying the implementation of the plan. The tower would be a public-private partnership project.

It would be built on four rai of state land on Charoen Nakhon Soi 7 in Klong San district. At 459 metres it would be the country's tallest structure, with seven lower floors, a 26-storey tower and two basement levels. Its combined usable area would be 22,282 square metres.

The private sector would build the new tourist landmark under a 30 year land lease agreement. The top floor of the tower would be a hall to honour the kings of the Chakri Dynasty and exhibit the work of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

The admission fee for foreigners would be set at 750 baht, and half that for Thai visitors. It was expected to bring in revenue of 1.05 billion baht per year.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Re: New sightseeing tower

Post by PeteC »

Here we go again. My dick is bigger than yours Singapore, Hong Kong, KL, Taipei, Tokyo etc. Bloody waste of money better used for so many other things. :roll: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

The admission fee for foreigners would be set at 750 baht, and half that for Thai visitors. It was expected to bring in revenue of 1.05 billion baht per year.
I'm sure that The Finance Ministry will have got its sums right :rasta: but that's an awful lot of visitors
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hope they aren't including my 750 Baht in their calculations.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Ego maniacs out of control, probably on drugs as well. Call Duterte, another Asian genius. Joy to the world! :banghead: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

If they can achieve a 4 year ROI on the cost of design, land propitiation and build, where do I sign up as an investor...... no maybe not!.

To be filed in the drawer marked Submarines, Blimps and Aircraft Carriers ... Sid James is missing from the cast but Carry On Thailand.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ You forgot the Bangkok Eye ferris wheel. Such fun to frivolously spend other people's money. It's a right of passage apparently for every government official worldwide. :( Pete :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New sightseeing tower in Bangkok

Post by Takiap »

Not sure is this is the same tower mentioned in the OP, but according to Wikipedia......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rama_IX_Super_Tower

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact