Thailand bombing: Over 50 injured in double blast at busy Pattani supermarket

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Thailand bombing: Over 50 injured in double blast at busy Pattani supermarket

Post by hhfarang »

"Image
The Bic-C supermarket was reduced to wreckage by a blast @K5_Rescue

More than 50 people have been injured in a car bomb attack at a supermarket in the southern city of Pattani in Thailand, according to officials.

Initial reports suggested the attack was a double bombing, with one explosion taking place inside the supermarket and one outside.

"The first bomb was small and no one was hurt but the second bomb was huge - I don't know yet whether it's a car bomb or not," Captain Preecha Prachumchai of Pattani provincial police said.

The first car bomb in Pattani since August destroyed the front of a Big-C supermarket, scattering debris over a wide area and sending up a column of black smoke. ..."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/th ... 34251.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Re: Thailand bombing: Over 50 injured in double blast at busy Pattani supermarket

Post by Felipesed1 »

Do you think that those of us living here are not already well aware of this?
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Re: Thailand bombing: Over 50 injured in double blast at busy Pattani supermarket

Post by arcadianagain »

Felipesed1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:03 pm Do you think that those of us living here are not already well aware of this?

Why did you feel the need to be sarcastic? There are many posts containing news which may or may not be known by a lot of people.
Kheïyd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kheïyd »

Indeed.

I read this forum while I am not living in Thailand (yet) so no: I was not aware of this.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

not everyone is plugged in 24/7; some of us have a life.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I live here and this was 2 days ago. I didn't know!!!

Thanks HHF
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Try visiting the Bangkok Post website if you want to read the news, then you would know first-hand same day, not third-hand 2 days later!
Also Thai news on the TV.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

I live in the Middle East and picked this up on the BBC World Service news whilst driving home from work the day it happened, however this is a forum not only for enlightenment, but also for discussion, so why shouldn't it be posted, even after the fact :thumb:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Perhaps we need more enlightenment and less discussion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Felipesed1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 am Perhaps we need more enlightenment and less discussion!

I agree, I think you certainly do, along with a large dose of courteousness towards your fellow Forum members.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

aragon wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 am
Felipesed1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 am Perhaps we need more enlightenment and less discussion!

I agree, I think you certainly do, along with a large dose of courteousness towards your fellow Forum members.
I agree with that. this isn't a tv talk show. this forum is usually one of the few places where people are, whether or not they are in agreement, civil to each other. please let's keep it that way. in the end all we have are our opinions and we all know that they're worth what we pay for them.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Agents of the religion of peace at it again.....I see.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Spitfire wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 6:25 pm Agents of the religion of peace at it again.....I see.
in case anyone thinks that the religion of peace is that, read the first two chapters of the Koran and see if your opinion changes.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Yes indeed Mr. Handdrummer, my sarcasm and cynicism got the better of me in that post..... :D
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

R 02d.jpg
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE