Missing Britain's body found by Cha-Am beach

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Big Boy

Missing Britain's body found by Cha-Am beach

Post by Big Boy »

Police are awaiting the autopsy results of a British man found in the forest by Cha-am Beach on Wednesday, weeks after he went missing.

Martin Wood, 48, was found dead 300 meters inland from the gulf in Phetchaburi province, not far from where he was staying with his family when he disappeared Dec. 30.

“We’re still waiting on the autopsy results, so we don’t know whether he commited suicide or not,” Lt. Capt. Asawapitch Chaisri of Cha-am police said, adding that Wood had been dead for about 18 days. Police found 2,490 baht on his body.

Members of Wood’s family, who are in Phetchaburi looking for him, could not be reached for comment.

Full story: Khaosod English
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Missing Britin's Body Found By Cha-Am Beach

Post by oakdale160 »

SUICIDE--always the first-choice diagnosis.
Barrel browner
Novice
Novice

Post by Barrel browner »

Suicide, I don't think so not for a minute.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Missing Britain's body found by Cha-Am beach

Post by oakdale160 »

Thai logic----You remember the case about 2 years ago. A guy was found hanging and his hands were tied behind his back. The police said suicide. At a news conf the Chief of police was challenged--- It is impossible to hang yourself with your hands tied behind your back. Police reply--we thought that too, but this case proves that it is possible.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:13 pm SUICIDE--always the first-choice diagnosis.
“We’re still waiting on the autopsy results, so we don’t know whether he commited suicide or not,” Lt. Capt. Asawapitch Chaisri of Cha-am police said,
This is the way
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Poor guy. That's way to young to die. I read on another site that 'apparently' he was on medication for some illness. That explanation seems to come up a lot in stories of unexplained deaths in Thailand nowadays, and I fear it's their excuse for not finding the real cause of death. If you're ill, and on medication, the last thing you're going to do is wander off into a bit of jungle to die. That's what animals do, not humans.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Barrel browner
Novice
Novice

Post by Barrel browner »

I was best mates with this guy for 30 years, he was last seen at one end of Cha am heading back towards his hotel he had consumed a lot of drink, he left the UK for a month to spend some time with his dad he had been drinking too much and was trying to get himself sorted out, he had visited several Doctors trying to get medication to stop the cravings none gave it to him but one put him on Valium !! which was taken from him two days before he vanished, he was found 300 metres inland you had to go off the main route up a dirt track and then turn off again into a wooded area he was found laid out on his back, they found 2400 Baht on him judging by what he withdrew it should of been nearer 11,000. suicide never I knew this guy, the Thai media page I saw said they were not ruling out murder then half an hour later that changed to suicide, make of this what you will but I know what I think, this was a street wise guy who had spent a lot of time in Thailand, forgive me for the long message but we have struggled to get answers from the UK.
Barrel browner
Novice
Novice

Post by Barrel browner »

Do any of you guys out there think this was a bit suspicious ? I would like to find out more on what happened but have no idea who to contact or if it is worth trying ?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

...............he was staying with his family when he disappeared Dec. 30.
What family? Have not seen any follow up, but maybe it has been on "social media". Very difficult to get any answers from the authorities here, especially true answers.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Barrel browner
Novice
Novice

Post by Barrel browner »

Thanks for the reply, He was staying with his father, he was found 300 yards inland in the woods, the outcome was died of natural causes ? like you say especially true answers.