Man drowns in Kao Takiep after scattering ashes.

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Man drowns in Kao Takiep after scattering ashes.

Post by HHTel »

Seems a family was washed overboard off Kao Takiap yesterday after scattering ashes of a family member. One drowned unfortunately.

I can't post from another forum but the link is:

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1224115
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Man drowns in Kao Takiep after scattering ashes.

Post by hhinner »

The report says they were scattering a relative's remains from the rocks at Khao Takiab. One slipped into the water and another 4 tried to help and also slipped in. Rescuers got 4 out OK, did CPR on the other one and he was rushed to HH Hospital where he passed away.

Would have thought BKK Hospital would have been closest, or doesn't it accept all life or death emergency cases? The incident was reported to police at 2pm, so seems like this was during or shortly after the bad weather yesterday. RIP the dead guy.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Man drowns in Kao Takiep after scattering ashes.

Post by hhfarang »

Seems like that's a dangerous place for spreading ashes. Two good friends were killed by a train at a Takiab crossing when I lived there. They were going to spread one of their husbands ashes in the sea off Takiab. The pickup was totally destroyed, both women killed but the urn with the ashes survived intact...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?