Government urged to blitz corruption

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

Government urged to blitz corruption

Post by buksida »

The government has been urged to bolster its fight against corruption amid the many scandals that have erupted involving state officials.

Critics have questioned why so much corruption and irregularities within government agencies have been detected nationwide despite the fact that the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) announced after it seized power that it regarded graft eradication as its top priority.

More: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politi ... corruption

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Government urged to blitz corruption

Post by dundrillin »

Any crackdown on lower level corruption i.e. Police,public officials etc will require a simultaneous large increase in salaries paid to same. Hopefully paid by those who can afford it rather than those who can't avoid it.

Higher level corruption is a different story.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Is it just coincidence that a thread on Thai corruption had an advert for an expensive watch at the bottom?
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I wanted to read the whole article, but you now have to sign up to read a lot of stuff on the Bangkok Post. I started to sign up the other day, but decided they wanted too many details from me. I trust the Bangkok Post as much as I trust the current regime. So I didn't continue.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"