Video: Machete drawn, shots fired - Wild West Thailand on full display!

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Video: Machete drawn, shots fired - Wild West Thailand on full display!

Post by huahin4ever »

Teens ran for cover as a man with a machete brandished a machete and shots were heard during a street fight caught on video.
The footage was posted on the the Facebook page of "Mobile Wan Chiang Klang" with the tagline:
"Welcome to Chiang Klang. Full of motorcycle gangs and knives!"
Thai Rath reported that comment online was rife as owners of a mobile phone shop hurried to close up as the violence continued out in the street.

Source: Thai Rath
https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1245479
YNWA
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Video: Machete drawn, shots fired - Wild West Thailand on full display!

Post by kendo »

You can find this behaviour everywhere in Thailand outside of tourist area karaoke bars.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

if you want a real violent place visit LONDON
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Your not wrong their four murders in east London this week and more than fifty murder investigations opened this year already.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Diane Abbott and Sadiq Khan are blaming "police cuts", while this may be a contributing factor the blame surely lies with the murderers
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

It certainly does. But it's so easy nowadays to blame a third party.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Gang wars do not make a city violent for the majority of inhabitants. London is suffering post code wars and other drug dealing related fighting.

Thailand has a higher 'people going postal' factor by far.

I put that last bit in in to avoid the "he's off topic AGAIN" comments....
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

arcadianagain wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 am Diane Abbott and Sadiq Khan are blaming "police cuts", while this may be a contributing factor the blame surely lies with the murderers
Actually, I think a large part of the blames lies squarely with the PC brigade. How about we stop all the softly softly, nicely nicely nonsense. Kids and teens are now all to well aware of the fact that they can more or less do as they please with no risk of repercussions, and once they reach adulthood, this mindset can be very dangerous.

Maybe parents should start being parents again, and maybe the PC brigade should shut up and allow law enforcement to do their job.

Unruly mobs running amok on the streets? Nothing some old fashioned riot control couldn't sort out. :twisted: When Somchai and the boys have to sit and dig salt pellets out of their wounds, they will soon realize that it just isn't worth making trouble, and once they have stopped crying, they can go and thank their parents for being so damn useless.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying that parents should start beating their kids, but yes, they should start enforcing discipline. As a parent, it is your responsibility.

:duck: :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Takiap wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:34 am
arcadianagain wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 am Diane Abbott and Sadiq Khan are blaming "police cuts", while this may be a contributing factor the blame surely lies with the murderers
Actually, I think a large part of the blames lies squarely with the PC brigade. How about we stop all the softly softly, nicely nicely nonsense. Kids and teens are now all to well aware of the fact that they can more or less do as they please with no risk of repercussions, and once they reach adulthood, this mindset can be very dangerous.

Maybe parents should start being parents again, and maybe the PC brigade should shut up and allow law enforcement to do their job.

Unruly mobs running amok on the streets? Nothing some old fashioned riot control couldn't sort out. :twisted: When Somchai and the boys have to sit and dig salt pellets out of their wounds, they will soon realize that it just isn't worth making trouble, and once they have stopped crying, they can go and thank their parents for being so damn useless.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying that parents should start beating their kids, but yes, they should start enforcing discipline. As a parent, it is your responsibility.

:clap: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap:

Mind you I'm also all for a bit of corporal punishment, never did me or my generation any harm......"spare the rod, spoil the child" and dare I also mention National Service :naughty: :naughty:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

aragon wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:42 pm
Takiap wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:34 am

:clap: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap:

Mind you I'm also all for a bit of corporal punishment, never did me or my generation any harm......"spare the rod, spoil the child" and dare I also mention National Service :naughty: :naughty:
Agree, agree, agree. :clap:

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well, there's plenty of corporal punishment here both at home and in the schools. And there is also national service here.
In that case, the youths here should be the 'creme de la creme'!!