Illegal hotels to feel the heat in Hua Hin, governor promises

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
PeteC

Illegal hotels to feel the heat in Hua Hin, governor promises

Post by PeteC »

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30346181

"Prachuap Khiri Khan Governor Panlop Singhaseni on Thursday said he has formed a committee to find a legal path to close 10 hotels in the tourist resort town of Hua Hin that continue to operate in defiance of licensing laws.

The Online Travel Agent (OTA) system is the root of the problem, said Udom Srimahachota, vice-president of the Thai Hotels Association. Only 197 hotels in Hua Hin have proper licences while some OTA websites have posted 699 Hua Hin hotels for people to book daily-rented accommodation, said Udom"......
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: Illegal hotels to feel the heat in Hua Hin, governor promises

Post by Big Boy »

502 hotels to close? That's going to happen, I'm sure.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I wonder if they're mixing in those Airbnb houses we're talking about on another thread? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They've just built party houses at either end of my Soi. I must say, I don't understand what all of the party house fuss has been about. We'll be devastated if they get closed down, we've recently booked one of them for my son's wedding.

Points 41; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Now I may be wrong here, but on the list of HH hotels that were found to be illegal this last week..was one named Citin Loft.
I remember this place having this name years ago, but I think it had a name-change to 'Hua Hin Citin Loft'
The other night when I was waiting at the traffic lights I looked across at the hotel..it's name now is 'Hua Hin Loft'
(Highly unlikely for all the letters of 'Citin' to fall off somehow).
OK...Now let's skip to a problematic housing development on the way to Black Mtn...every time the owner was due in court for blatantly ripping off home owners/buyers she changed the name of the 'village' & the charges against her became null & void..(it's had 3 name-changes I think) Just another way these folk bend the rules to carry on trading.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Some of these 'party houses' are very loud. A coach turns up and it goes on all night.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

HHTel wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 pm Some of these 'party houses' are very loud. A coach turns up and it goes on all night.
Yes, 48 hours of nonstop music that you can hear over a kilometre away!
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

When I read the original news-blip, I thought they were just checking the '197' hotels who licensing was expiring (every 5 yrs, I think). Wrong, as new news-blip, stating there are only 197 registered hotels out of the < 700 on some booking sites.....555

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30346181
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PeteC wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:05 pm http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30346181

"Prachuap Khiri Khan Governor Panlop Singhaseni on Thursday said he has formed a committee to find a legal path to close 10 hotels in the tourist resort town of Hua Hin that continue to operate in defiance of licensing laws.

The Online Travel Agent (OTA) system is the root of the problem, said Udom Srimahachota, vice-president of the Thai Hotels Association. Only 197 hotels in Hua Hin have proper licences while some OTA websites have posted 699 Hua Hin hotels for people to book daily-rented accommodation, said Udom"......
Well, that's a whole lot easier than fixing the water problem in Hua Hin.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Correction.......1143 properties available .... :shock:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The additional hotels will already have paid their tea money up to date :twisted:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

10 Hua Hin hotels using ‘fake licences’ face closure
Deputy Prachuap Khiri Khan governor Pongphan Wichiansamut confirmed on Saturday that 10 Hua Hin hotels operating with fake hotel licences could be shut down.

The deputy governor said he had held a meeting with representatives from several agencies and officials affirmed that there were provisions to shut down the illegal hotels.

According to Pongphan, the Kiti Nanthakorn Hotel, the Royal Express, the Viravan @ Hua Hin, V Living Hua Hin, the Secret Garden Hua Hin, Citin Loft Hua Hin, Hillside Resort and Apartment, Pearl @ Hua Hin, Chivasai and Civasai Hua Hin were charged on May 15 with falsifying documents and using fake hotel licences.

Pongphan admitted that the 10 hotels were still operating because of complicated legal technicalities.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30347372
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wasn't the Hillside Resort the one built on Army land, and had to be demolished? That threat seemed to fade away,

V Living interests me. My house overlooks it - I'd never have classified it as a hotel.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Not sure if it's the same one named but Hua Hin Hillside Resort is around the corner from me in Soi 114. Now called Varee Hillside Resort.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ah, thanks HHTel, I'm thinking of the one on Soi 88. Obviously a similar name.

Points 41; Position 18