Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Australian man 'stabbed in chest' in Thailand club

Post by europtimiste »

Nereus wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm CCTV shows moment Aussie was stabbed after 'groping woman'

https://au.news.yahoo.com/cctv-shows-mo ... 50495.html

According to a 2017 report by Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Thailand is the most deadly overseas tourist destination for Australians.

In the 2016-17 financial year, the Consular State of Play report said there were 203 Australian deaths in Thailand, almost double the 126 deaths recorded in the Philippines, the second highest.

Not surprising with that kind of asshs.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm... he had no reason groping her. Even if harsh, he got the lesson he deserved ...
Speaking from a female perspective: a pinch on the bottom is not a grope, she is (I guess) a young lady that is used to being groped on a regular basis. She wouldn't have minded - it's part of the job. If he had stabbed her in the bum with a knife, then he would have deserved to be stabbed back in the bum (and eye for an eye, and all that...).

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Vital Spark wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm
europtimiste wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm... he had no reason groping her. Even if harsh, he got the lesson he deserved ...
Speaking from a female perspective: a pinch on the bottom is not a grope, she is (I guess) a young lady that is used to being groped on a regular basis. She wouldn't have minded - it's part of the job. If he had stabbed her in the bum with a knife, then he would have deserved to be stabbed back in the bum (and eye for an eye, and all that...).

VS
What a fckg. stupid comment, for you a bar girl should be groped and his customer should accept that another man grope her without any reaction.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pmWhat a fckg. stupid comment, for you a bar girl should be groped and his customer should accept that another man grope her without any reaction.
Wow, some really strange stuff coming out here. So it's all about (misplaced) possessive macho stuff, seriously?
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The best thing one can do with Europessimist comments is to ignore them. He rarely gets the point of anyone's comments and goes on a rant. Don't encourage him.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

caller wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 am
europtimiste wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pmWhat a fckg. stupid comment, for you a bar girl should be groped and his customer should accept that another man grope her without any reaction.
Wow, some really strange stuff coming out here. So it's all about (misplaced) possessive macho stuff, seriously?
I think Europtimiste has a valid point. I think if most men here would react strongly if their partners bum was pinched. I can't guess how VS would react if some woman pinched Mr VS's bum !

However a stabbing was a gross over reaction surely.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

dundrillin wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 am I think Europtimiste has a valid point. I think if most men here would react strongly if their partners bum was pinched. I can't guess how VS would react if some woman pinched Mr VS's bum !

However a stabbing was a gross over reaction surely.
I agree, but europtomiste needs to brush up on his diplomacy skills when responding to posts.

It's acceptable to have a reaction and even to fight your corner if you felt it necessary . . . . . . . but stabbing somebody in this instance is well over the top, as you rightly said.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
JayTee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JayTee »

caller wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm Blimey! What World do you come from? Irrespecive of the 'facts' you are replying to are now known as incorrect.
Not sure what 'facts' are incorrect. If it's referring to the name of the molester, it's a moot point.
The fact that the molester tapped or touched her butt to get her attention is there, having had drinks with her or a misplaced sense of self-entitlement, notwithstanding. Let's not miss the forest from the trees, duh!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

If it's referring to the name of the molester, it's a moot point.
It's not a moot point, it's a fact. If you regard that as moot, then you have to take the rest of the report as moot.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If you say moot real fast about 10 times it becomes meaningless.
JayTee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JayTee »

If it's referring to the name of the molester, it's a moot point.
It's not a moot point, it's a fact. If you regard that as moot, then you have to take the rest of the report as moot.
[/quote]
And here we have ah's unable to discern what the heading of this thread is all about - a name!
That even when the fact is about a guy touching some girl's butt and getting his just desserts.
If you can't see the elephant in the room, best to remove the beer glass and use a monocle, lol
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Look JayTee. You said the name of the 'molester' is debatable even when it's reported as a fact. I guess the guy knows his own name.
None of us were there and we have to accept what has been reported. I'm inclined to believe the 'molesters' story, backed up by the girl and given some truth by earlier footage. I agree that some things are debatable, but when black is black...... it's not debatable (moot). It's Wednesday today but I guess you'd say that's a 'moot point'!!

Actually it's Thursday in Australia so I guess you'd win that one!
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JayTee wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm
That even when the fact is about a guy touching some girl's butt and getting his just desserts.
So you think it's justified to stab somebody for touching a girl's ass? :shock: . . . . . . :roll:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If the girl stabbed him it would be more defensible.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 am If the girl stabbed him it would be more defensible.
But still a bit extreme in the circumstances. :|