Dutchman Jumps From Hua Hin Hotel

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Big Boy

Dutchman Jumps From Hua Hin Hotel

Post by Big Boy »

Another poor soul, Robert Hendricus Cornelis, a 68 y.o. Dutchman, took his own life yesterday when he jumped from a hotel. R.I.P.

http://www.banmuang.co.th/news/crime/115017
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Dutchman Jumps From Hua Hin Hotel

Post by Takiap »

If I'm not mistaken, it happened just around the same time the schools were coming out. I had just picked two kids up from school and a short distance down the road there were several police vehicles and emergency vehicles. They had blocked of the road, with traffic being diverted.

Poor guy - RIP.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, my daughter was diverted picking up my granddaughter from school, and my son was diverted coming home from work over an hour later.

Points 41; Position 18
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Well that's rude, offing one's self in daylight, especially school rush hour.

At least he was successful at something, and didn't screw it up. I hate attempted suicides.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

laphanphon wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am Well that's rude, offing one's self in daylight, especially school rush hour.

At least he was successful at something, and didn't screw it up. I hate attempted suicides.
Is that really necessary. A person has taken their own life possibly due to stress or depression, who knows. This is not something to make jokes about.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

This phenomena seems to be much more common in Pattaya--they call it "The flying farang" problem. There is a great suspicion there that many of them are pushed rather than slipped or jumped.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can we keep this on subject please. No need for speculation. Please remember, the gentleman's family may be looking in.

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

It's a personal decision alike abortion, euthanasia. He had his reasons, read what the hotel maid said: He passed her in the corridor and looked like a man with the weight of the world on his mind.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

StevePIraq wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 amIs that really necessary. A person has taken their own life possibly due to stress or depression, who knows. This is not something to make jokes about.
Better question, is offing one's self during the daytime necessary ? When others, especially children may have to deal with your decision. Night time or indoors please..... :cheers:

Consenting adult(s) can do as they please. He did, his choice, and not a joke, just an observation. As stated, just happy he succeeded.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

laphanphon wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:41 pm
StevePIraq wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 amIs that really necessary[]Better question, is offing one's self during the daytime necessary ? When others, especially children may have to deal with your decision. Night time or indoors please.....

Seems that you don't know Thai's behavior. They love to see death. After an accident a huge crowd including children are surrounding the place and they love to make pictures of dead people. At a crime scene they will rush before police arrival to make pictures. So I don't think that those school children will be traumatized.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I agree with Big Boy, show some respect his family may well see this.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali