Thai death sentence for Briton

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thai death sentence for Briton

Post by Lev »

A Briton has been sentenced to death and another to 33 years in prison in Thailand over drugs charges.
Anthony Flannaghan, 33, of Nuneaton, Warwickshire, was convicted of possession of drugs with intent to sell and given the death penalty.

Stephen Wilcox, 39, of Blaby, Leicester, had his life term for possession reduced after a guilty plea.

Flannaghan had denied the charges, involving heroin, ecstasy, and amphetamine, and is planning to appeal.

Full Story
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bit late in replying to this thread, but when was the last farang executed in Thailand? I don't recall one , although they do execute their own and Chinese etc on a regular basis.
This guy will get life - and that means a long time in Bang Kwang - before possibly going back to the UK in 6-8 years under the reciprocal prisoner exchange programme.
It's debatable for him if the injection wouldn't be an easier way out.
I just wonder at the hippocricy (sic) of the situation here, when a policeman who's admitted to a double murder walks out on bail and a farang receives "the death penalty" for drugs.
The law is clear in both situations, so I'm not trying to absolve the Brit, but I do get worked up about blatent double standards.