bad policeman!!

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
lomuamart

bad policeman!!

Post by lomuamart »

Don't know where else to post this, so I'll do it here.
A bit of old news - ie 4 days..
Remember the copper who shot two British backpackers in Kanchanaburi earlier this year?
Well, after giving himself up and admitting to the killings, he was granted bail last week. 1 million baht. The judge appreciated that he needed medical treatment for 2/3 broken ribs, apparantly inflicted upon him by the Brit guy and he of course has three children to take care of.
This is the man who sparked a nation wide manhunt and was finally found sheltering in Burma with the Karen Liberation Front (or something like that).
I've scoured the British media over the past few days and have seen no mention of this development.
I'm angry. How do other people feel?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thai cop freed

Post by Lev »

I've moved it to news. It just shows you that you can solve ANYTHING in this country with money. Its just a shame that the British authorities don't have any authority to intervene.

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A Thai policeman accused of murdering a British couple near the famed Bridge over the River Kwai has been given bail in an unusual manner, according to a senior prosecutor and police.

Detective Sergeant Somchai Visetsingha, who surrendered in October after a month on the run and said he killed tourist Adam Lloyd because he spat in his face, was given bail by a court on Nov 2, chief prosecutor Pichet Kasetsin said.

"Under the law, the court is obliged to consult prosecutors and police on whether they object to a defendant's request to be freed temporarily, but in this case we never received notice from the court," Pichet told Reuters by telephone on Wednesday.

Full Story
buksida

Post by buksida »

So according to Thai law if you have kids and run a restaurant you really can get away with murder. :guns: