Cha-am expats bar?

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: bar

Post by Lung Per »

JohnTB wrote:
whittler wrote:Is there a bar in Cha Am that expat's meet up ?

whittler
Hello, Cha-am is my favorite place away from home:
I run there every time I need a change of scenery... Walk around a bit, you'll meet the ex-pats, make friends and enjoy the exercise:

- meet Paul, a Brit., runs the Internet shop, turn left onto Beach Road from Nanthip (sp?) - around the corner, next to 7-11 (reserved, friendly & helpful - not in your face - there if you need him/have questions)
- meet Bob (Holland) - turn up Soi Busstation from Beach road and stay on the right side - stop at the second Massage Shop (purple facade)
- eat on the corner of Beach Road/Soi Busstation, on the left side - Thai lady - cannot recall her name - friendly & very nice/good Thai food/good English - married to a Brit (he is not there much/not real friendly)
- walk to the end of Soi Busstation and turn left - Crawfords, an Irish restaurant (sorry no Guinness on tap) owned by an Irishman, John Yates, from County Wicklow (?) (but, now, for health reasons) he sublets to an Aussie chef (forgot his name) but the food is great and he and others gather here for major sports events (john is still around).
- ARROY Restaurant - walk to the end of Soi Busstation and turn right - same street as Irish Rest. - good Thai food /lousy service - but frequented by falangs...
- GH run by a Frenchman (forgot his name) - very nice/I've stayed there - walk up Soi Busstation from Beach road - first GH on the right side - very nice rooms/attention-to-detail. (only Baht 600, I think)
- Brit owned souvenir shop on left side of Soi BusStation - third to last shop on the left (forgot his name also)
And after that you need some good hearty food. Go to the big Norwegian restaurant on the beach road and get yourself some hefty Norwegian meat balls. Beats the Swedish ditto any time. Bon Appetit. 8)
A friend is only one click away
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

JohnTB wrote:Hello, Cha-am is my favorite place away from home:
I run there every time I need a change of scenery...
Where do you run from?
JohnTB
Novice
Novice

Post by JohnTB »

nevets wrote:I think you will find Johns name is Hayes.
Thanks for the correction! Good catch.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

No problem good to have you on the forum.

:D
JohnTB
Novice
Novice

Post by JohnTB »

Lung Per wrote:
JohnTB wrote:
whittler wrote:Is there a bar in Cha Am that expat's meet up ?

whittler
Hello, Cha-am is my favorite place away from home:
I run there every time I need a change of scenery... Walk around a bit, you'll meet the ex-pats, make friends and enjoy the exercise:

- meet Paul, a Brit., runs the Internet shop, turn left onto Beach Road from Nanthip (sp?) - around the corner, next to 7-11 (reserved, friendly & helpful - not in your face - there if you need him/have questions)
- meet Bob (Holland) - turn up Soi Busstation from Beach road and stay on the right side - stop at the second Massage Shop (purple facade)
- eat on the corner of Beach Road/Soi Busstation, on the left side - Thai lady - cannot recall her name - friendly & very nice/good Thai food/good English - married to a Brit (he is not there much/not real friendly)
- walk to the end of Soi Busstation and turn left - Crawfords, an Irish restaurant (sorry no Guinness on tap) owned by an Irishman, John Yates, from County Wicklow (?) (but, now, for health reasons) he sublets to an Aussie chef (forgot his name) but the food is great and he and others gather here for major sports events (john is still around).
- ARROY Restaurant - walk to the end of Soi Busstation and turn right - same street as Irish Rest. - good Thai food /lousy service - but frequented by falangs...
- GH run by a Frenchman (forgot his name) - very nice/I've stayed there - walk up Soi Busstation from Beach road - first GH on the right side - very nice rooms/attention-to-detail. (only Baht 600, I think)
- Brit owned souvenir shop on left side of Soi BusStation - third to last shop on the left (forgot his name also)
And after that you need some good hearty food. Go to the big Norwegian restaurant on the beach road and get yourself some hefty Norwegian meat balls. Beats the Swedish ditto any time. Bon Appetit. 8)
Is that the bar at the North end of Beach Road - name escapes me...
- or another - name or location details helpful...please!
Bonbon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bonbon »

Baan Chang on a Sunday evening, good music and excellent company
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Cha-am expats bar?

Post by JW »

Baan Chang is a great night out, been in a Sunday night and some fabulous musicians play there, well worth a trip!