non drinker

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
whittler
Amateur
Amateur

non drinker

Post by whittler »

If a person, (me) dosen't drink alcohol, is accepted among the drinkers ?

whittler
YOU CAN TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

IT JUST TAKES LONGER
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Are you ill wittler? No alcohol... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You would be ok to start with but we would all seem like a bunch of jabbering idiots after a few hours.

I think the question should be - If a person, (Me, Randy) drink alcohol, is accepted among non drinkers?
www.35mmview.com
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I have several non-drinking friends and a non-drinking wife and I guzzle enough that I should use a funnel. Never been a problem for me! :cheers:
Checker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Checker »

Have one of your non-drinking friends take a video of you one night particually late in the session. I had it done to me in Bali by my wife after a very long stint. After viewing it the next day I swore I would never drink again.
I did but I will always remember that video.
It's now or never.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: non drinker

Post by STEVE G »

whittler wrote:If a person, (me) dosen't drink alcohol, is accepted among the drinkers ?

whittler
Can you drive?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Checker, I love your icon! I was born in the home of "The King of Rock and Roll" and saw him play in neighborhood venues before he became famous.

...and I drink a lot but usually don't show it. Got a good liver I guess so no, I've never seen a video or photo that I would be ashamed of, though I've made a few of my fellow revelers. :shock: :shock: :cheers:
Checker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Checker »

hhfarang wrote:Checker, I love your icon!
hhfarang. It's a photo of me ! ! ! (I wish) . . . LOVE THE MAN
It's now or never.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

You ARE Elvis! I new you were still alive and no one would believe me!
You just moved to Thailand when you got fat so you could still find that young "Hunka Hunka Burnin Love"!!!! :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :party:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Are you sure that’s Elvis, because I’ve seen him performing in a bar in Bangkok and he looked a lot more Thai than that!
whittler
Amateur
Amateur

alcohol

Post by whittler »

Randy Cornhole wrote:
Are you ill wittler? No alcohol... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You would be ok to start with but we would all seem like a bunch of jabbering idiots after a few hours.

I think the question should be - If a person, (Me, Randy) drink alcohol, is accepted among non drinkers?
You are right Randy, with my drinking friends after a few hours I take my leave. I don't stay out as late as they do anyway.

Yes Steve, I drive but I don't know if you would want me to, I have never
driven on the wrong side of the street. lol

whittler
YOU CAN TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

IT JUST TAKES LONGER
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I have neverdriven on the wrong side of the street. lol
Aha! Another North American! Welcome, we need more presence here! :D

Learning to drive on the "wrong" side isn't too bad but after over four years I still get mixed up with the damned turn signal and windshield wipers being on opposite sides of the steering wheel! :oops: :shock: :shock: :D
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhfarang wrote:
I have neverdriven on the wrong side of the street. lol
Aha! Another North American! Welcome, we need more presence here! :D

Learning to drive on the "wrong" side isn't too bad but after over four years I still get mixed up with the damned turn signal and windshield wipers being on opposite sides of the steering wheel! :oops: :shock: :shock: :D
LOL..besides that we're lucky the clutch isn't where the gas pedal is. :shock:

I only get back Conus every 2-3 years, long flight, rent a car in a stuper begging for sleep, and then try to enter the freeway on the wrong side. Once I get that right, I zoom to the far left lane as that's the slow lane, right? :idea: Speed down off ramps and make a turn into the oncoming lane. Stop around midnight and ask a cop in a patrol car directions, then drive off in the left lane. Him chasing me "no, I'm not drunk, I'm tired and jet lagged and need to find my daughters new house....here's my passport, see all those Thailand stamps, I'm an expat?"..Oh, Taiwan he replies, and an expat what?" :shock: "Yes sir, that's close enough..." "You're American, aren't you" he says. "I used to be" I reply. "What does that mean.." he replies. I whip out a 500 baht note and say "here.." He looks strangely at it and says.." what is that, a food coupon for Denny's.." "Yes".. I mutter and simply drive away. He didn't follow and kept the 500 baht. A true story. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Checker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Checker »

From what I have seen most people drive on the wrong side of the road here.
It's now or never.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

prcscct, good one! :thumb:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhfarang wrote:prcscct, good one! :thumb:
It really is a true story. I had two things in the breast pocket of my shirt, a 500 baht note from change for 1,000 for a carton of cigarettes I bought at Don Muang duty free, and type written directions to my daughter's house that she had faxed to me before I left here.

I pulled out the wrong thing to show him, but after his comment, I just gave up and left....LMAO. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source