Big Plans for Cha Am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Big Plans for Cha Am

Post by Super Joe »

4 or 5 18 hole golf courses all on this same site :shock: :shock:

From The Nation:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worldho ... nd-Hua-Hin

SJ
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Golf is a sport that mystifies me anyway, but why would you possibly want five 18 hole courses?
I dread the hearing the answer to this, but do you really need another 90 holes for rich people to knock a small white ball into, at a time when the world seems to be falling apart at the seams?
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Guten Abend Evertone!

Year it will be a paradise for all them Golfers but for the General boredom for the not so previledged few who are into this petty bourgeois Sport!
I hope TCC will change their mind and reconsider and add a Seaworld Style Ocean Theme Park to their part of theirr huge plot in Cha AM area!

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

Actually the potential growth does not surprise me as it is a very nice place to live. In reality I'd prefer it stayed just the way it is, not to crowded, easy to get around and quiet most of the time. Growth changes all of that and not for the better.

On the bright side property values will continue to go up and perhaps a shopping mall will appear nearby.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

norm wrote:On the bright side property values will continue to go up
The sensible estate agents are now offering discounts and a development I know is offering up to 1m baht off as an inducement.
Talk is cheap
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Perhaps Norm is looking long-term as the development will not be complete at least until the world recession is recovering. Time in the market, not timing the market and all that.

Caller, please PM me the development offering 1M Baht discounts, I want to check it out. If they're 8M+ properties just let me know on here without mentioning them.

Cheers,

SJ
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

Actually I'm looking at it selfishly, as I live in Cha Am and quite like it the way it is. Well development is a fact of life and will come eventually, I for one am not in a hurry for it.

Having lived in Hua Hin and Cha Am I prefer the slower life style of Cha Am as I'm not a night life person and don't do the bar scene. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it just isn't my thing.

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Super Joe wrote:Perhaps Norm is looking long-term as the development will not be complete at least until the world recession is recovering. Time in the market, not timing the market and all that.

Caller, please PM me the development offering 1M Baht discounts, I want to check it out. If they're 8M+ properties just let me know on here without mentioning them.

Cheers,

SJ
We've already talked about this place in a pm SJ, alleged 500k- 1m baht discount
Talk is cheap
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Sure it was me mate ? can't find it can you send again please.
If 5M or under someone is selling them close to cost, know people who may be interested in that.

Cheers,

SJ
CraigDunn

Post by CraigDunn »

Is there enough water in the area to support these golf courses?

Up here in the Nong Hieng / Nong Korn area of Hua Hin, water shortages, which were fairly prevalent before, have become much worse since Black Mountain opened. When you look at the surface reservoirs they have created and consider that almost all that water used to be under the ground feeding our wells, 2 + 2 does seem to make 4.

Or was that FORE?

cd.
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. (Edmund Burke).
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Big Plans for ChaAm

Post by margaretcarnes »

I doubt that having enough water will be of any concern to the developers. It doesn't seem to be a priority for housing developments!
But I love Understudys' 'Petty Bourgoise Sport' Description. Nice one US!
On one hand it's good to see there is faith in the continued growth of the area tourism wise, but FIVE courses for gawds sake? in ChaAm? Oh dear. Must be an awful lot of people who like playing with little balls. Weird.
:cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Big Plans for ChaAm

Post by Spitfire »

margaretcarnes wrote:But I love Understudys' 'Petty Bourgoise Sport' Description. Nice one US! :cheers:
Me too on that one, ha ha. 5 extra courses does seem a little OTT, I suppose, obviously, the area is trying to turn itself into a major golfing center.

It does make sense when you think about golf's snooty/elitist/privilaged/"I've made it" image, especially here.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Good evening everyone

Errr as my memories serves me wright we have a Major Golfing Center allready haven't we justacross the Rim (Bay of Thailand) The Area around Pattaya more than a dozen Golf courses overthere allready. I'll still stand by my stand point that Golf is a pretty Bourgoise Sport (Thank you very much Margeret and Spitfire for your Compliments! :cheers: ) that hte Hi so or wanna be Hi So + Elitist play.
I would really like to see an Edutainment and fun filled Waterpark "Sea World Adventure Park style attraction which features a pair of Killerwhales, Dolphins ect. and on the same Area a World class Water PArk.!
I believe Comprmise is possable build 2 and a Half Wold Class Top Notch state of the art Golf courses and for the rest of the Area build an Water and Edutainment Park a la Sea World San Diego!.

Your's The understudy!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hey, what a wonderful idea. Why not build a Disney style theme park - they usually incorporate a golf course or 2 :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Ahem! Excuse me Big Boy

But with Disney building and opening a Theme Park in Shanghai on mainland China in 6 years Time. It's virtually impossible for the next 10 to 15 years that another Disney Theme Park would open in Southeast Asia! But If one SE Nation cut some corners and work something out with the Disney Theme Parks Ltd. (which Malaysia is now haevily lobbying for its entirely from scratch build City of Iskandar (estimated Pop: 3 Million in Southern JB) region of Malaysia!) A Disney Theme Park could be possible!

I personally like the Idea of an Ocean EDutainment and Water Park such as Sea World would siut this Area better!.

Your's The understudy!