Cha Am / Nong yao rising crime rate

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Super Joe wrote:
,,,, maybe you are a little bit to fragile emotionally for Thailand that could make you very unhappy quickly, maybe you need to prepare a lot more slowly for retirement ,,,,
Agree, maybe Bournemouth?? :D

SJ
Nowt wrong with Bournemouth SJ the ladys and night life tip top.

Kendo. :dance:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

hhfarang wrote:
I stayed in Marina Valarta next to Puerto Vallarta and used to walk down the malacon (main strip) doing the bars every night, so i have been to both so i can't see how you can make a comparison from South America to South East Asia two different continents a world apart.
Not trying to nitpick Kendo, but Mexico is in North America... :wink:
But in every respect apart from geography, it is so Central America, especially the southern bits of Me-hi-co! Central America always reminds me of an umbilical cord, odd eh? :wink:

But never knowing which end to let go of! :?
Talk is cheap
LAnative
Suspended
Suspended

Bournemouth?

Post by LAnative »

Where is Bournemouth? Sounds like some tiny hamlet in Britain, in which case SJ is again being sarcastic. (sarcasm is a sign of hostility) I can arrange a chance to express your hostility and insults to my face if you like. ( SJ is the one who gave me the name Big Girl's Blouse which is pussy in American).
I've read the stuff about Mexico but that doesn't apply to the retiree destinations mostly the north bordering the US where the drugs are sold. I would put more credence on a non biased IL mag. evaluation than the sell -a- drama-media (and who would know better than a Drama Queen?)
That said I don't like Mexico much. I far prefer the food, culture, religion, friendly smiles, cute girls, music/dance and cost of living there to Mex. But I thought I knew Thailand after my last visit and it turns out after reading this forum everyday for a month, I don't know it at all.
So I will continue looking. All the work of research and language studies for 3 years are down the drain'

DQ BDB :twisted:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Bournemouth?

Post by BaaBaa. »

LAnative wrote:SJ is again being sarcastic. (sarcasm is a sign of hostility) I can arrange a chance to express your hostility and insults to my face if you like. ( SJ is the one who gave me the name Big Girl's Blouse which is pussy in American).
It should be LAxative because the shit keeps coming. Image
LAnative
Suspended
Suspended

laxative

Post by LAnative »

Sorry Baa Baa ( a sheep reference?) but Sargeant already used that one a month ago. He has copyrights on it. At least I can't be FULL of sh.. if I spread it.
Will be in town around Oct.14
Laxative, BGB, wimpy,DQ, immature, immasculated,troll :cheers:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Where is Bournemouth? Sounds like some tiny hamlet in Britain, in which case SJ is again being sarcastic. (sarcasm is a sign of hostility) I can arrange a chance to express your hostility and insults to my face if you like.

LA
Haven't you heard of light hearted banter, a bit of ribbing, fun, laugh, sence of humor, or are you so fragile in your synthetic bubble that the littlest dig offends you, well really if you take that attitude face to face in Thailand you will get yourself into some hot water for sure.

The way you come across on this forum, does not seem well balanced enough to make a life in a place like thailand.

We have all seen people that have mental health issues (nothing to be embarrassed at) move to thailand stop taking the medication properly and start boozing far to much and end up in a right old mess or dead.

Just my opinion LA, not SJ's and for the record if you google Bournemouth its a seaside resort on the south coast of England with a beautifull beach great clubs and is very very trendy (cool) if he would have said Eastbourne (full of old people) or Heartfordshire :D then he really would have been taking the piss.

Kendo.
:cheers:

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: laxative

Post by BaaBaa. »

LAnative wrote:Sorry Baa Baa ( a sheep reference?)
No!

LAnative wrote:I'm studying pahsa Thai
Not going too well then?
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Sorry LAN, I should have said Eastbourne or Bognor.

Should have known better Kendo, we used to come down to the Slinkys do's @ The Opera House regularly for a while, about 10 years ago!?, never saw much else of Bournemouth though, but they were big nights. Coincidentally it was a workmate from Soton, your neck of the woods that got us down there.

Cheers,
SJ
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Still a great gaff, the opera house is boscombe not really in the heart of bournemouth but i used to have a great time in my old stomping ground.
Sorry to mention heartfordshire :D
Kendo.
:cheers:

LAnative
Suspended
Suspended

Bournemouth

Post by LAnative »

Thanks Kendo for the explanation. Not being from Britain as many there obviously are, I'd never heard of it. I was just using past experience with SJ as a guide.
As for being able to take ribbing note the reaction I got when I attempted same on this forum (questions from a potential expat). Virtual tears when I made up a movie script off the top of my head validating the moniker Drama Queen given me, describing a small town that commits suicide because the power went out and they couldn't blog. No sense of humor there I quickly found out. That is how I got all the derogatory names assigned to me.
Actually HH sounds a lot like Eastbourne to me.
Noticing where many of the writers hail from I reserve the right to use this forum as much as anyone. It appears no one was born there, is a farang like me, so by what authority do you get to tell me to Buzz Off?

Laxative DQ BGB :guns:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

:offtopic: Lets keep this one to crime in Cha-am and keep the Foo in Foo, thanks.
miked
Professional
Professional

Post by miked »

couldn't agree more.
in the last 6 weeks 3 more house's broken into that i am aware of. all during the night when the house was occupied. on one occasion the thief even came into the owners bedroom and stole his wallet and mobile phone. local mib are not bothered.
miked
LAnative
Suspended
Suspended

crime

Post by LAnative »

This is PRECISELY the reason I bother with this forum. I want to know the REAL life experiences of actual residents, not the "come on tourist" blurbs of the glossy travel pamphlets.
It seems that you are living the EXACT same situation that I have endured for over 30 years. Thanks for the warning! It seems the area is a mirror image of LA-not enough water for everyone, traffic jams, parking troubles, increasing prices as more people flood in, burglaries and thefts, "tea colored slop washing up on the beaches", corrupt and apathetic cops, corrupt government, violence against foreigners etc.
This is PRECISELY what I was trying to leave behind. But on 2nd thought I might feel right at home there.
I have had the exact same situation happen to me in a burlary. Someone came in a window at night while I was sleeping, stole money from my wife's purse & took money from my wallet when BOTH were near the foot of my bed!
Suggestion- All residents pony up a few bucks to rent a bus and offer to take any unemployed construction worker who can't afford to go home a free trip home. Security "guards" could be rotated amongst projects every week or so to keep them honest. Perhaps not practical but a suggestion. " Been there done that" with the burglaries. Ripped off every place I've lived except the current one (7 places in all).
My sympathies. I share your frustrations. :idea:
DQ BGB
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

This is PRECISELY the reason I bother with this forum. I want to know the REAL life experiences of actual residents, not the "come on tourist" blurbs of the glossy travel pamphlets.
It seems that you are living the EXACT same situation that I have endured for over 30 years. Thanks for the warning! It seems the area is a mirror image of LA-not enough water for everyone, traffic jams, parking troubles, increasing prices as more people flood in, burglaries and thefts, "tea colored slop washing up on the beaches", corrupt and apathetic cops, corrupt government, violence against foreigners etc.
Exactly, you just described this place perfectly! :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?