Fishing Cha- Am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
RCheese
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Fishing Cha- Am

Post by RCheese »

MXcross wrote:Hi Takiap,
Got my own little boat mate and it was a good night for fishing, clean water good moon and plenty of squid around for bait.
The sharks are nothin compared to the ones you'll be used to, more of a big Dogfish.(we call'em Tope at home).
There are some organised trips around but I think they're all smaller type boats and not that comfortable for a night on the waves and not all that cheap I believe.
From Takiap I was qouted 7,500 for the day (5 people),24 hours with one meal included but ya have to be able to eat what they cook for you.
cheapest I know of is 5,500 but again only a 30ft fishing boat, the guy has some good spots on his Gps and will only take you out if he thinks there are fish about (clean water and not the red tide that comes in after a heavy rain fall up North)
I asked on here before if anyone was interested in a trip from Ranong but No interest was shown and to be honest, after speaking to the boat owners down there it wasn't really worth the effort.
They wanted 15,000 per 24 hours and a maximum of 12 people fishing in Thai waters or a 150,000 for a five day trip but was out into the Andaman side (Deep water stuff) bit too long for most people.
Any way back to the topic, the fish are out there just have a chat to the local fishermen and most of them are happy to tell ya where (that's how I got most of my waypoints).
As for tips, 30lb wire seems to be the way to go here with size 13-15 hooks, herring rig.
If you want to know any more ie spots or tackle shops let me know and I'll gladly pass any information I have on to you.
Sounds like a good plan. I will also use a small boat to spend some time fishing. You have any current GPS coordinates?