Cha-am Fishing Park

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
migrant
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Cha-am Fishing Park

Post by migrant » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Nice! :cheers:
The essence of life lies with the dispensing with of formalities

StevePIraq
Ace
Ace

Post by StevePIraq » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:32 pm

I was at Cha Am Fishing Park today, only checking it out for the future. A few people caught and released some whoppers, it looked pretty impressive.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

buksida

Post by buksida » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 pm

16939430_1928851114017370_7811839464463632882_n.jpg
Went back for another go yesterday, far fewer people out of the weekend.

They also have bungalows for rent from 500-1000 baht a night and have two lakes to fish from.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Get out there: On The Road Asia

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:04 pm

A friend suggested giving this place a go today. Now, I enjoy Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, but thought it would make a change. I agreed, saying I don't mind roughing it now and again.

I've been here before, but not for a few years. Yes, the catch rate was high (around 10 a hour on a good day), but mainly 2-3Kg catfish).

I returned, and what a pleasant change, They've obviously spent some cash tarting the place up, but boy, the biggest change was the fish - they've grown up. There were 2 guys fishing the East bank, who continued to catch 2-3Kg catfish, There were 4 rods on the South shore and 4 on the North shore, where we were. Fish were caught fairly regularly, and I don't think I saw a fish come out under 4' in length. Personally, I had 11 between 4 and 6' long - I'm knackered now :D .

Yes, I got my hands dirty mixing bait etc, and I had to unhook my own fish, but if you don't mind a bit of rough, I recommend you give this place a try. The transformation in a couple of years is incredible.

Of course the Lodge won't be ignored, but so many large fish can't be ignored either.
League 2 - Grimsby...1 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance:
Points 87; Position 2
PROMOTED as Runners Up :bow: :bow: :bow: