Living In Cha-Am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Onlychaam
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Living In Cha-Am

Post by Onlychaam »

T.I.G.R. wrote:and close to it a beautiful new boutique restaurant....I think it's called the Raza. We haven't eaten there but are looking forward to it one of these days for a birthday treat or something.
The Raya, actually. Yes the food is tasteful and they have a nice setting. A bit on the expensive side though, so I agree with you, better save it for a special occasion. :wink:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks again guys, I don't think I can remember a thread that has been so positive for so long. Brilliant stuff.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Nobody's mentioned strong plastic chairs though BB :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Another small note about trucks. Ford just introduced a newly designed Ranger. I believe that Toyota, Isuzu and Nissan are also introducing all new pick up models in 2012. It appears you will be arriving at the right time for the new models, or some very deep discounts on existing old models still in stock. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My old friend Toby had an Isuzu, which was plenty big enough for me to drive. I was always comfortable in it. A deep discount on an old model sounds good :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's another one BB, just unveiled this week. I don't know if the 4 door model looks as sharp.

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/experience-ch ... Truck.html

Fyi, when you get here Chevrolet is pronounced as it's spelled. If you happen so say Chevrolei....people will think you're crazy. :laugh:

We can move all these once the Motoring Forum is up and running...hint, hint. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

prcscct wrote:Here's another one BB, just unveiled this week. I don't know if the 4 door model looks as sharp.

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/experience-ch ... Truck.html

Fyi, when you get here Chevrolet is pronounced as it's spelled. If you happen so say Chevrolei....people will think you're crazy. :laugh:

We can move all these once the Motoring Forum is up and running...hint, hint. :D Pete :cheers:
But its really a Chevy! :thumb:
Happiness can't buy money
eden8
Rookie
Rookie

Post by eden8 »

sorry to bump this up but i am with big boy.. not a night guy and prefer quieter place..
i am now checking out Cha Am ..seem to be a less tourist place..

any other members here live in Cha Am ?

is there any water storage issue in Cha Am ?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Are you really going to work your way through every town in the country asking the same questions? :?
This is the way
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Living In Cha-Am

Post by Stargeezer »

Hello Big Boy
Have you moved to Cha-am yet?/ or did you change your mind.
In a couple of years I might be able to semi retire in Thailand and have been trying to figure out
where to settle down at. I have some friends living at the south end of Hua Hin and know a Scot
who lives in Pranburi as well. Just curious where you ended up at, as I don't know where Ban Kai is at.
Stargeezer Harvey
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Big Boy is off-line for the moment but he lives in an area named Bon Gai between soi 88 and soi 94 so yes, he live in Hua Hin and not Cha Am.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Stargeezer wrote:Hello Big Boy
Have you moved to Cha-am yet?/ or did you change your mind.
In a couple of years I might be able to semi retire in Thailand and have been trying to figure out
where to settle down at. I have some friends living at the south end of Hua Hin and know a Scot
who lives in Pranburi as well. Just curious where you ended up at, as I don't know where Ban Kai is at.
Stargeezer Harvey
As you're familiar with the area, you will know that the centres of Cha Am and HH are only just over 25 km's apart. Both have their merits so it depends on what you are looking for, with HH being bigger and having more facilities/services than CA. I live between the two but much closer to CA, but if the need arises I can be in HH in less than 30 minutes. House prices tend to be a bit cheaper in the CA area than HH so that might be a consideration, but if it's easy and regular access to restaurants and bars, you will be better off in HH. No doubt your trip to the area next March will allow you to firm up your plans.
:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hi Stargeezer, I think the others have said it all already. However, I can confirm that I bought in Hua Hin. Yes prices are cheaper in Cha-Am, but family drove my move, and my family would not move to Cha-Am. If you look hard enough, there are bargains to be had in Hua Hin.

Points 48; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Well Mrs U.S. came up with a plan today..would I drive her to Cha Am for a big teddy bear..?
So off we went, the shop just North of the T.lights is not there anymore..mm?..we'll have some breaky, then resume our search..after a rather frazzled, lame 'English' breaky at Neeshy's ..we trawled around the West side of the main Rd..well we found 2 shops, made a double-purchase (needed the rear seating area in the Ranger to accomodate of 2 new bears!) then came back along the 'Canal/Klong' Rd home.
What got both our attention was we were able to crawl along each road looking for these shops without a line of traffic behind you, there was ALWAYS a parking slot to swing-in to, the whole day-market area had HEAPS of parking all around it..the whole Cha-Am daily pace of life seemed to be so less hectic than in HH..! This was something we both agreed on today.
My wife also picked up on just how many retired elderly Farang gents she saw in the space of 2 hrs.
Yes I know it was mid-week, but I kinda liked the slower pace there instantly..all I need to do now is wait till I've got white hair & fully retire.. :wink: :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Try doing that next weekend and see how you like the pace then...
This is the way