Cha-am to Hua Hin

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
ronn2040
Novice
Novice

Cha-am to Hua Hin

Post by ronn2040 »

Hello,

I will be going from bangkok to Hua Hin by bus in July. Will be staying in Courtyard Marriott in Cha-am. How can I go to cha-am from the hua hin bus stop? also I heard that cha-am is far from actual hua hin night market. How to go to hua hin main market place from cha-am in the evening.
Thanks in advance for your help. :)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Cha-am

Post by dtaai-maai »

If you ask at the ticket office and/or speak to the driver, you can probably get dropped off in Cha-am, as I imagine you'll be passing through it.

I'm not sure where the Courtyard Marriott is, but Cha-am is about 25 kms from HH. Bus or taxi to the night market, I suppose, but the hotel will advise you, and they may even have some kind of transport.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:If you ask at the ticket office and/or speak to the driver, you can probably get dropped off in Cha-am, as I imagine you'll be passing through it.

I'm not sure where the Courtyard Marriott is, but Cha-am is about 25 kms from HH. Bus or taxi to the night market, I suppose, but the hotel will advise you, and they may even have some kind of transport.
The hotel is roughly half way between HH and Cha Am and a lot of the better class hotels have their own minibus service into HH at set times of the day, if not then a taxi or tuk tuk might be your answer, especially on the return journey back to the hotel.
ronn2040
Novice
Novice

Re: Cha-am to Hua Hin

Post by ronn2040 »

Thank you all for your time..
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

ronn2040 wrote:Hello,

I will be going from bangkok to Hua Hin by bus in July. Will be staying in Courtyard Marriott in Cha-am. How can I go to cha-am from the hua hin bus stop? also I heard that cha-am is far from actual hua hin night market. How to go to hua hin main market place from cha-am in the evening.
Thanks in advance for your help. :)
My 1st trip a few tears ago, my GF booked the local blue/white bus from the BKK bus terminal. Was a horror trip, A/C did not work on the bus, 40°c outside with only vinyl seats, so spent 3hrs being stuck to them.
Return trip we took a taxi from HH direct to the airport and have done the same thing on other trips.

It was worth the 2500-3000baht that the taxi costs to get there is A/C comfort and in one piece (and direct from door to door).
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Mini bus will drop you at the driveway--check how many K south of C-A it is
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

if you are dropped off on the main road it is a fair walk to the Courtyard Marriot especially if you have luggage. You would need to arrange for the hotel to collect you if you decide on that option.
matthewnoel

Post by matthewnoel »

staying at the marriot? why would you get a bus?taxi very cheap in thailand!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: I've been thinking the same thing. More comfort, and the ability to stop whenever you want to as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
monkeyloafer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monkeyloafer »

Is this place near blue lagoon?