OFF the road into Kraeng Kachan anyone?

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
AmnatAndaman
Banned
Banned

OFF the road into Kraeng Kachan anyone?

Post by AmnatAndaman »

Any ideas into off roads or paths into Kaeng Krachan in near proximity to Hua Hin or the closest path to the border of Burma from Hua Hin? I'm new to the area as a tourist and I'd like to do some trekking, anyone want to join me let me know! Thank you..
blanes2007
Amateur
Amateur

Re: OFF the road into Kraeng Kachan anyone?

Post by blanes2007 »

The nearest to HH part of Kaeng Krachang National Park is Pa La U waterfalls area. 70 kms to north-west from HH
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

There is a road that runs from Huay Mae Phriang all the way through KK to the Burmese border.
To get there go out past Springfield and take a right at the T junction, before Huay Sai Nuea. It's easy to miss the junction as it's in a village and under some large trees. Keep going on that road until you get to Huay Mae Phriang and then ask someone for the way to Ban Krang.

Let us know how you get on
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Resolve dissolves in alcohol
blanes2007
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blanes2007 »

AmnatAndaman, if you'd like to, you can join our hiking at 07.03 in Kuiburi National Park (Walking + Wild Elephants Watching). See here for details: (Facebook) /events/350688884965709/

Everyone is welcome!
AmnatAndaman
Banned
Banned

Post by AmnatAndaman »

Frank Hovis wrote:There is a road that runs from Huay Mae Phriang all the way through KK to the Burmese border.
To get there go out past Springfield and take a right at the T junction, before Huay Sai Nuea. It's easy to miss the junction as it's in a village and under some large trees. Keep going on that road until you get to Huay Mae Phriang and then ask someone for the way to Ban Krang.

Let us know how you get on

I was hoping for a more OFF ROAD way to get into Kaeng Krachan forest NOT by going all the way to Pala U, as I know its directly behind Hua Hin and I was wondering if the entire forest is gated and guarded in those areas next to the forest right outside of Hua Hin?
Thanks Frank for the ON ROAD answer to getting there, I guess if nobody has a better answer for me I guess I will just go where the road takes me and then follow the stars at night and the sun at dawn and hopefully I can find a few more friends to join me on this journey. Let me know if u r interested!
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

The route through Huai Mae Phriang is not at all 'On Road', it's tarmac to Phriang obviously but after that it's mostly dirt. I don't think you'd be allowed to go much further to the west than Ban Krang without assistance as it's close to the border with Myanmar but you can always go and check.
There are a couple of camp areas near Ban Krang if your planning on spending a few nights there. Lovely views and plenty wildlife.
AmnatAndaman
Banned
Banned

Post by AmnatAndaman »

Whether Concrete, tarmac or dirt its still considered ON ROAD to a trekker like me. I do appreciate the advice my friend and feel free to join me! DO you know how far it is from Hua hin to ban krang?
Have a good night everyone, thanks..
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

It's probably getting on for 60Kms or maybe even a bit more.
From Hua Hin you could also probably get there by going up the Pala-U road and then head north at Pa Dang, it's maybe 10-15Kms between Pa Dang and Ban Krang.
AmnatAndaman
Banned
Banned

Post by AmnatAndaman »

Thanks, I think going OFF road with some Thai assistance (Thai Friends) will be much CLOSER to Kaeng Krachan and probably a bit more adventurous as well maybe only 15 minutes out of town on motor cross bikes according to my close friend I just called. Thanks anyway, feel free to join me if you don't mind a bumpy ride and a long trek..
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Good that you got something sorted out. I didn't realise you were looking to off-road on motor bikes, KK is probably not a good place for that.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Frank Hovis wrote:Good that you got something sorted out. I didn't realise you were looking to off-road on motor bikes, KK is probably not a good place for that.

No it's not a good place - it's a national park, and judging from Amnat's posts which constantly preach about the need for showing respect, I would have expected him to show some respect himself. Anyway, he's been banned, which I'm not sure I agree with because some of his posts were rather amusing. Mods......please let him back on. :thumb:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

He was OK on this thread but on others it all went a bit queef. I hope that's just an internet persona and not someone who is really troubled.

I'm not a bike rider, would 15 minutes from Hua Hin get you over the bypass, never mind anywhere near KK?